PDA

View Full Version : Quilt v comforter

boltfam
04-19-2013, 12:20 PM
DD1 has a beautiful PBK quilt that I found at at a garage sale. I am considering buying dd2 one that coordinates with it since they will eventually share a room. But as I was searching through old posts, it looks like more people prefer comforters or duvets since they are easier to wash.

Since DDs will be sharing a room, I want hem bot to have the same type of bedding. Should I keep dd1's quilt and buy one for dd2 or should I get both of them comforters?

newg
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
I personally like quilts better and don't find them nearly as bulky as a comforter. I had a hard time washing DD1's new full size comforter in our washing machine. I wash our queen size quilt in it with no problems. A duvet would be just as easy to wash as a quilt because it's really just a double sheet.........

But I like quilts because I feel like you can use them throughout the year pretty easily.

boltfam
04-21-2013, 02:48 PM
I personally like quilts better and don't find them nearly as bulky as a comforter. I had a hard time washing DD1's new full size comforter in our washing machine. I wash our queen size quilt in it with no problems. A duvet would be just as easy to wash as a quilt because it's really just a double sheet.........

But I like quilts because I feel like you can use them throughout the year pretty easily.

Very true.

bostonsmama
04-30-2013, 01:10 PM
We went with a quilt because we live in a coastal environment where it doesn't get as cold as many in-land locales. We needed something we could leave on the bed year-round. PBK makes a WARM quilt, though. Often DD will ask to only sleep with the sheet. I'm debating getting a thin cotton blanket for her to use in the summer and roll back/fold the quilt at the foot of the bed. I don't like duvets b/c unless you get a down insert, the duvet usually looks baggy and wrinkles...and it's too hot here for a down comforter, even the lightest warmth ones. I know b/c we tried to get a duvet for our bed with an all-season down insert...it smokes us out unless we let the heat go down to 60 degrees at night...that'd be impossible for the summer!