PDA

View Full Version : My dad is updating his MS Office

ahisma
04-19-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm walking him through it on the phone. PAINFUL.

He's tech savvy-ish. Still painful. Very painful.

KLD313
04-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Ugh! I can relate to this, my mom calls me for everything and she's clueless.

stonecali
04-19-2013, 02:32 PM
OMG, this is my life!!! My parents and sister are both clueless. What has totally helped me is I installed Teamviewer on their computers and I can remotely login to their computers now to fix all their problems. Trying to walk them through things without seeing their screen was too difficult.

Last night, I sat there and watched as my sister plugged in her iphone to download her photos to her computer. Today I logged in to my mom's computer to fix her browser because her shortcuts "disappeared". Ay yay yay

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
It is free!

Zukini
04-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Can. Totally. Relate.

My mother calls across two time zones, international in fact for basic tech support. Like changing ink cartridges and realigning printer afterwards to get the test page. Getting her to learn how to reply all on emails took MONTHS, and even then we would get replies with me on to: line, sis on cc: line and bro bcc'd. Sigh.

My mother in law didn't know how to hang up Skype calls and when we finally walked her through finding the red hang up button, she accidentally hung up on us. DH and I were rolling, cracking up.