PDA

View Full Version : My guilty little secret...

sarahsthreads
04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
I have a secret stash of jellybeans in a container in the bottom of my knitting bag. I have to hide them from my DDs to prevent them from disappearing. Because...

If I eat a few, within mere moments I can feel Mr. Monkeypants kicking away. Clearly, he likes them! ;)

No other form of sugar seems to work as well. They have to be the Just Born spice jellybeans. And I won't be able to get anymore until next Easter season. How sad is it that I briefly considered spending $10 on shipping just to get $2 worth of jellybeans from an online candy store?!?

Sarah :)

jgenie
04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
This post made me smile - thanks for sharing!

TxCat
04-19-2013, 06:55 PM
I have a secret stash of jellybeans in a container in the bottom of my knitting bag. I have to hide them from my DDs to prevent them from disappearing. Because...

If I eat a few, within mere moments I can feel Mr. Monkeypants kicking away. Clearly, he likes them! ;)

No other form of sugar seems to work as well. They have to be the Just Born spice jellybeans. And I won't be able to get anymore until next Easter season. How sad is it that I briefly considered spending $10 on shipping just to get $2 worth of jellybeans from an online candy store?!?

Adorable!

I just crave various sweets lately, so I eat in secret, usually in the pantry behind a closed door to keep DD from seeing me.

And if it makes you feel any better I briefly considered spending $70 to ship a carton of 24 ice cream sandwiches to my house - not because I wanted all 24, but it's a brand I can only get in California and I was craving them a few weeks ago.

georgiegirl
04-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Yum! I'm using my vitamix to make banana malts...obviously not its intended purpose.

sarahsthreads
04-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Adorable!

I just crave various sweets lately, so I eat in secret, usually in the pantry behind a closed door to keep DD from seeing me.

And if it makes you feel any better I briefly considered spending $70 to ship a carton of 24 ice cream sandwiches to my house - not because I wanted all 24, but it's a brand I can only get in California and I was craving them a few weeks ago.

Hey, I don't think that's too much to ship ice cream! :)

I managed to find some more spice jellybeans at the grocery store! Not my regular store, which has been out for weeks, but I had to stop on my way home from work at a different store and they still had some. They're clearly not going to be around too much longer and I probably should have bought more than I did, but I couldn't bring myself to go up to the register with an enormous bag of jellybeans. ;)

georgiegirl
04-20-2013, 09:07 PM
I know! There are certain things that are embarrassing to buy when you are pregnant...such as large amounts of sweets or pickles (or alcohol.)

AnnieW625
04-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Yum. I love jelly beans.

I caved and started eating tuna a little more than half way through my pregnancy with DD2. People here thought I was nuts.

MamaMolly
04-21-2013, 11:00 AM
SO SWEET! I love these stories. For Lula it was fish sticks. I'd eat them then lay on the floor so we could enjoy the gymnastics. :)