PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...Oriental Trading shipping? UPDATE 1st post

AngB
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
UPDATE: Shipped today! Phew! Should make it midwest to midwest by Fri/Sat. It's shipping the annoying Fedex smartpost but that only adds a day and most likely it will be here by Friday at the latest. Glad I didn't pay $18 extra for faster shipping or cancel it, looks like we got lucky this time.

I waited too long to order stuff for DS1's party next Sunday. Didn't want to pay $18 for shipping for 3-5 business day vs. free shipping, but now I am second guessing it...think it will be okay or should I call and try to change it? (We are in Missouri.) Estimated ship date was May 2nd...(4 days too late). I'm hoping if it ships Monday (ordered this evening), we'd receive it by Friday...anyone know how it ships (and from where?) anyway?

kristenk
04-19-2013, 11:55 PM
If you only have 5 business days to get it to you and expedited shipping has a 3-5 day window, it seems likely that free shipping won't make it to you in time.

Does the website say anything about how many days it takes to process your order? You'd have to add that in, too.

Any chance you can get your necessary party supplies locally? I think that might be your best bet.

(I haven't ordered from Oriental Trading in a while, so I don't remember about shipping times. I could be TOTALLY wrong about my estimates above.)

Tondi G
04-20-2013, 12:58 AM
it takes them several days to process the order. I would pay for the expedited shipping.

jam224
04-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Do you have Shoprunner? You can get free 2-day shipping at Birthday Express. That's where I get all of our balloons.

Yes, in my experience, it takes a while for OT to process and ship your order. Last time I ordered, I placed my order the evening of 3/14, it shipped 3/18, and arrived (from Kansas City, KS to Ohio) on 3/22. You might be OK, but I would be tempted to pay for expedited shipping.

ETA: It was shipped via FedEx.

AngB
04-20-2013, 02:38 AM
Paying $18 for faster shipping negates any savings from buying from them. I guess I will just cancel the order and go with Birthday Express/Ebay/etc. It is only coming from Nebraska but if it takes several days to ship then that won't work. We do have party stores but I wasn't very impressed with their selection.
Thanks!

jk3
04-20-2013, 03:13 AM
I usually opt to order from Amazon.

sunshine873
04-20-2013, 08:21 AM
I think Amazon Prime shipping has left me a bit spoiled and I kind of expect all companies to have the same type of process, but I have found out the hard way that is not the case. Best to follow their shipping schedule and then be surprised if it shows up early.

elbenn
04-20-2013, 08:55 AM
I just placed several orders with them on Monday. I did several orders because then I could use the same coupon code (it was $10 off $69 with free shipping). All of the orders shipped either Monday or Tuesday and I got two orders on Thursday and another on Friday. I think they shipped from Colorado.

Pear
04-20-2013, 09:59 AM
I Am in kc and we typically get free shipping OTC orders in 2 days.

AngB
04-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Thanks! I guess I'll cross my fingers it makes it in time and if not try to make do with the party store stuff or Birthday Express (I do have free shipping there.) I'm thinking if it ships by Monday or Tuesday it should get here in time so hopefully they will get it out quick.

Tenasparkl
04-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I ordered last week on whatever day they offered free shipping and the box arrived yesterday. Estimated arrival was next Friday so I was pretty surprised that it showed up when it did.