PDA

View Full Version : Using pandora for workout music, with data limits?

lalasmama
04-20-2013, 04:26 AM
We have regular, unlimited Internet in our home, but have a 2(whatever-gig?) data limit on our phones. I planned to use pandora while riding my bike around town, but starting to wonder how much of my limited data I'd be using... Anyone have any idea? Likely would be using pandora about 30 minutes, 4-5 days a week.

larig
04-20-2013, 09:53 AM
A forum I found when I googled said 32 mb/hour.

ETA: there is setting in the app that lets you stream at a lower quality. If you select the lower quality option you'll save on the data.

ETA: if you do the math, that's 62.5 hours of streaming a month--if you only used your data for that.

nfowife
04-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I would not do that. You will use your data up quickly! Can you just download some music and make a playlist?

queenmama
04-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I would not do that. You will use your data up quickly! Can you just download some music and make a playlist?

This exactly!

Lara

kep
04-20-2013, 11:40 AM

Yes! Pandora (well, anything streaming) really sucks up the data. Good idea for home, but for on the go, make a playlist!