PDA

View Full Version : What do you like at thirty-one?

anonomom
04-20-2013, 08:22 AM
A friend is having a party and I want to support her. I could use something to tote around my quilting stuff (bonus points if it can carry a sewing machine) or a large-ish cooler bag. I am totally new to this brand so I am not sure what the best options would be. Any ideas? Or is there anything they sell that is unique and useful that maybe might not leap off the screen?

Pennylane
04-20-2013, 08:34 AM
I love the Utility Totes . The Super Organizing Tote is also really nice and would probably hold a sewing machine. My DC all have the cinch sacks, which they use all the time.

Just a heads up, they charge you shipping on your order and it is pretty high.

Ann

Pear
04-20-2013, 10:07 AM
I have this awesome flat square purse. it is perfect for everyday outings, especially with preschoolers who you might have to chase or carry, but don't need you to tote stuff. I get stopped constantly by people wanting to know where I got this bag. I even once had a doctors appt where we sPent more time talking about my purse then my cold

Melaine
04-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Organizing Utility Tote....

Pear I want to know which purse you are talking about!

acmom
04-20-2013, 01:44 PM
One of my friends had a party recently too and I was new to Thirty One stuff as well. I ordered a large utility tote and a keep it caddy, both to use in my car. The large utility tote holds my reusable grocery bags, an extra blanket, umbrella, paper towels, wipes, change of clothes for kids and ball for the park in it. I keep it in the truck of my SUV. I keep the keep it caddy on the front seat and it holds a few snacks, a few small toys/crayons (for restaurants,waiting rooms, etc.), a hair brush/ hair bands for me and DD, Chapstick, pen/small pad, hand wipes and tissues. They stay in the car for the most part, but can be switched to to DH's car or taken out easily if needed. Both have worked out well. I could easily see myself using the organizing tote as well. I could see my DC using the cinch sacs as they get older for sports/activities too like PP mentioned.

ETA: I bought mine based on recommendations after posting here. Thanks to all here who recommended the large utility and keep it caddy to me as they have worked really well for what I needed!

♥ms.pacman♥
04-20-2013, 03:20 PM
I think pear is talking about the organizing shoulder bag. I have one n it is awesome. It is like a coach swingpack but bigger and with more pockets so it is easier to keep things organized. It is great for talking kids to the park and such so you can be hands free to chase Kkids around. It is big enough to hold a water bottle.

Also I think the large utility tote is awesome..I have three and use them all! I use the for swim class, taking dinners to other moms, taking nap mats, lunches,jackets to daycare,etc.they are also good for raodtrips.

Anyway this reminds me my sister in law is having an online party and I want to get something. I want to get the keep it caddy

twowhat?
04-20-2013, 06:53 PM
I've only bought a couple of things from them...the cell phone wristlet and the large utility tote. The wristlet was totally disappointing and I'm glad I bought it with a gift card. The zipper pull came off the first time I used it (I used pliers to fix it), and it doesn't fit my phone unless I take it off the case. It'd fit an iPhone fine, but not some of the larger Android phones. And the velcro strap to hold in the phone is just not confidence-inspiring...I feel it'd be too easy to come loose and send your phone flying.

The large utility tote, however, is absolutely marvelous. I have 4. They were MADE to fit in the Odyssey trunk well - 4 of them fit side-by-side (vertically) right in that well! My only beef is that I wish there was more to the frame to make it stand up on its own but then that would take away the whole "soft body" characteristic that makes it so comfy to carry over one shoulder (and laying against your hip). It stands up fine when stuffed full.

I've been eyeing the organizing tote.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-20-2013, 10:35 PM
I've only bought a couple of things from them...the cell phone wristlet and the large utility tote. The wristlet was totally disappointing and I'm glad I bought it with a gift card. The zipper pull came off the first time I used it (I used pliers to fix it), and it doesn't fit my phone unless I take it off the case. It'd fit an iPhone fine, but not some of the larger Android phones. And the velcro strap to hold in the phone is just not confidence-inspiring...I feel it'd be too easy to come loose and send your phone flying.

The large utility tote, however, is absolutely marvelous. I have 4. They were MADE to fit in the Odyssey trunk well - 4 of them fit side-by-side (vertically) right in that well! My only beef is that I wish there was more to the frame to make it stand up on its own but then that would take away the whole "soft body" characteristic that makes it so comfy to carry over one shoulder (and laying against your hip). It stands up fine when stuffed full.

I've been eyeing the organizing tote.

re: the cell phone wristlet, given the zipper pull fell off right away i would totally ask for a replacement or refund! and even if somethign just doesn't work out you have 30 days to return, i think. and they are really good about replacing items that are defective. several months ago i ordered a littles caddy and when it arrived i noticed the stitching on one corner was kind of funky. i contacted my consultant about it and she said they'd send me a new one right away (i didn't have to wait for them to them to get the one i was returning). and my consultant even came by and picked up the item to return, so it was pretty convenient (i didn't have to deal with post office or whatever).

i actually found the cell phone wristlet pretty useful, at least when i was a SAHM (now it's just nice for carrying my phone around work when i don't have pockets). never had issues with my phone falling out (tho i have an droid incredible 2..it's almost 2years old so not as big as the newer phones). though i agree that for $25, i would rather put it towards one of the organizing totes...i ended up getting the wristlet for free when i hosted a party...not sure i would have otherwise paid $25 for it.

and for thermals, i think one of the better deals is the Thermal tote for $18. we have two..one i now use for work and one DD takes her lunch to school in..both have held up pretty well despite daily abuse. i liked the fact that i could have DD's name embroidered on it (everything has to be labeled).

we also use hang-up home organizers and found them super useful (we have two of them..the home one and the room one i think) but IMO they are fairly pricey for what they are..i got them only when they were 50% off.

hellokitty
04-21-2013, 11:41 AM
we also use hang-up home organizers and found them super useful (we have two of them..the home one and the room one i think) but IMO they are fairly pricey for what they are..i got them only when they were 50% off.

Wow, how did you get the hanging wall organizer for 50% off? I really want one, but the price is holding me back.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Wow, how did you get the hanging wall organizer for 50% off? I really want one, but the price is holding me back.

well with the first one ( home organizer) i had hosted a party and i got to choose one item for 50o % off sso i chose that. then another time the monthly special was 50% off one item in home organizing for every $35 spent so i got the room organizer.

lhafer
04-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Totally go with the Super Organizing Tote!!

Here's a picture of mine with my Brother sewing machine. Fits the sewing machine with room to spare, and all the pockets along the outside for other crafting goodies.

Love the zippered top so stuff doesn't fall out!

2991 2992

hellokitty
04-21-2013, 05:06 PM
well with the first one ( home organizer) i had hosted a party and i got to choose one item for 50o % off sso i chose that. then another time the monthly special was 50% off one item in home organizing for every $35 spent so i got the room organizer.

Thanks. I had a feeling hosting a party was involved. 31 is so over saturated in our area, I don't think anyone would come to a party if I had one, lol.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks. I had a feeling hosting a party was involved. 31 is so over saturated in our area, I don't think anyone would come to a party if I had one, lol.

lol yeah similar situation here. folks from my moms group are the only ones i know who would buy anything... i have no family here, and i don't have any female coworkers. yet all of us in the moms group have so much 31 as it is.

the party i had was online one, so my MIL, SIL, DH's aunt and my mom (all out of town) bought stuff and i was able to get hostess rewards that way. it was pretty easy to hold an online one..you can send the link thru facebook and stuff.

crayonblue
04-21-2013, 05:32 PM
DD1 and I both have wristlets for our cell phones and credit cards, etc. LOVE them.

I have a few of the tote bags which I use rarely. I'm just not a tote bag gal I guess.

anonomom
04-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your input and thank you for the photo, Lhafer! I have a Brother machine, too. Looks like the organizing tote is a good bet for me.