PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Wen haircare products? Give me your reviews

randomkid
04-20-2013, 12:21 PM
I've heard of these products in the past and I have been looking for something to bring life back to my dull looking hair. I used to have very shiny, silky hair (in my 20s- lol!) but that was before I started highlighting it. I used to have natural highlights, but my hair has gotten much darker with age. As a result, I started highlighting and, now, it's become more frequent because my hair just seems to keep getting darker. My highlights are very natural looking and not overdone. I have thick, coarse, wavy/somewhat curly hair. I've read mixed reviews on the Wen products, so thought I'd ask if anyone here has tried them.

wendibird22
04-20-2013, 01:33 PM
I have pixie short, dense, hair that is wavy when long. My mom gave me a wen product for my birthday and it just didn't do anything for me. My mom also has very short hair and she loves it and I did notice how shiny and full looking her color treated hair looks. I've read that sometimes you have to try different versions/scents to find the right one. I tried to like it and made sure I was using as much as they instruct (which seems like an obnoxious amount), washed 2x, rinsed thoroughly with cool water, etc and still it didn't work. By the end of the day my hair was heavy, dirty feeling, and wouldn't hold a style. I gave it back to my mom and she's using it.

Kindra178
04-20-2013, 02:38 PM
My sister swears by Wen. She gave me a bottle of the tea tree. I like the smell and ease of use. It made my scalp itch though. I had better luck with the mango coconut and the product that is just a number (can't remember what number that is). Some are wheat based while others are soy based, but I can't remember which ones are which. I do like how easy it is, but I generally think Wen is too expensive for the amount you have to use. I also think my hair has a tendency to get oily with it.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-20-2013, 02:42 PM
i love wen. it is such a good detangler and frizz preventer. ijustbought some of the kid version for dd who has same hair type as me..frizzy mad scientist hair that knot s easily

drako
04-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I've heard of these products in the past and I have been looking for something to bring life back to my dull looking hair. I used to have very shiny, silky hair (in my 20s- lol!) but that was before I started highlighting it. I used to have natural highlights, but my hair has gotten much darker with age. As a result, I started highlighting and, now, it's become more frequent because my hair just seems to keep getting darker. My highlights are very natural looking and not overdone. I have thick, coarse, wavy/somewhat curly hair. I've read mixed reviews on the Wen products, so thought I'd ask if anyone here has tried them.

My hair sounds exactly like yours! I have been using Wen for about a year now and I have a love/hate relationship with it. I like the fact that I can get a comb through my hair as soon as I get out of the shower. There are no knots to deal with like regular shampoo and conditioner. But, I have noticed lately my hair doesn't really feel clean. It feels oily and weighed down. So much so that I have been using a regular shampoo before I use the Wen. Kind of defeats the purpose so I may be on the look out for a different shampoo and conditioner. When I first started using it I thought I had less frizz but recently I feel like it's just a frizzy as ever.

teresah00
04-20-2013, 03:59 PM
It's been a few years since I've used it. I got it at the qvc beauty bash. I liked it but don't remember which types I tried. I had four bottles. It was decent but I wouldn't rave about it. Wish I had some now to try on DD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elizabethkott
04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
I used it and loved it... Except for the price.
I have stumbled upon the Sally Beauty Supply brand, called Hair One, which I love. Same effect on my hair (more or less- there is some more frizz on humid days) but way less $$.

randomkid
04-21-2013, 02:37 AM
Thank you! Think I'll skip it. Doesn't seem like anyone is crazy about it and even those who like it aren't raving. Not worth the cost to me! Maybe I'll look into the Sally brand. I have to wash my hair every other day because products tend to make it oily. I don't need something to add to that!

Simon
04-21-2013, 07:35 AM
I support your decision. I had 2-3 products and that I received as a gift and they didn't do anything special. I wouldn't buy it ever again myself. My Mom raved about it for a while but she has incredibly fine, short hair that tangles easily and she only washes, maybe once a week, but she's also not very active and older (so less oil, sweat, etc). Under those conditions maybe it does more?

drako
04-21-2013, 08:47 AM
I tried the Sally version and it wasn't anywhere near Wen. The tangles in my hair were awful with the Sally version. As I said in my previous post I am using the wen but more for conditioning reasons. I think I am going to cancel it soon and try to find a good shampoo and conditioner. I think I will start a new post asking for recommendations!

randomkid
04-21-2013, 08:52 AM
I tried the Sally version and it wasn't anywhere near Wen. The tangles in my hair were awful with the Sally version. As I said in my previous post I am using the wen but more for conditioning reasons. I think I am going to cancel it soon and try to find a good shampoo and conditioner. I think I will start a new post asking for recommendations!

Good to know - thank you!

westwoodmom04
04-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I was interested in trying it until I read the amazon reviews, which were uniformly negative. There are always some negative reviews on amazon but what that's the majority opinion, I stay away.