PDA

View Full Version : your favorite news anchor?

amatahrain
04-20-2013, 11:26 PM
I've been watching the news non-stop lately and I was wondering if you have a preference on who you watch for breaking news.... like "live from xxx this is..". I have to say I love and trust (not sure why, but I do) Anderson Cooper. I like Jim Cantore for weather and there a reporter out of DC named Nikole Killion that I like. She worked for our local channel a long time ago.

Pennylane
04-21-2013, 09:40 AM
I :heartbeat: Matt Lauer even though he has been getting a lot of crap lately. I also really liked Ann Curry and hate that she is gone. She always seemed so genuine to me.

Ann

queenmama
04-21-2013, 09:47 AM
Rob Nelson!! I almost cried when he got promoted from WNN (overnights) because he kept me informed AND entertained through those rough nights of DD's first 10+ months of life.

We are on a great schedule now so we are sleeping through WNN, but even in daytime he's not a regular, just a correspondent. :(

And yes, Anderson, of course. Who doesn't love him? We really appreciated his coverage of the tornado two years ago.

Lara

AnnieW625
04-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Shepard Smith from Studio B and The Fox Report. I like that he reports the news and he always has both sides on his show and he doesn't try and side with each side or declare a winner and the guests if he has them don't get into arguing matches like they often do on other shows the network is known for. If I had to give it a slant I would say it is more centrist than a lot of other news shows on all of the other networks. I listened to his shows on Sirius XM the past week regarding the Boston bombings and I found his coverage to be excellent and it was simply news. I rec. actually watching the shows which are on M-F at 3 Eastern, and 7 Eastern if you have the chance before completely discounting my recommendation. Just because it is on Fox it doesn't mean it is all hard core right of right news.

If I watch the national news these days I like Brian Williams, and Lester Holt. I also still like George Stephanoupolus, and I like David Muir.

KLD313
04-21-2013, 10:22 AM
I like Shepard Smith, too. I've liked him for years, there's something about the way he talks that I've always liked and I agree with Annie that he presents both sides. I watch more local news, though and mostly get my news from online sources.

TwinFoxes
04-21-2013, 11:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of most anchors, but I do like Lester Holt.

Did anyone watch Diane Sawyer's coverage of the capture of the bomber? Was she stoned? She was just amazed that the cops used a robot to tip over the boat to dump the guy out. She just couldn't wrap her head around the concept. I think she was picturing a "Lost in Space" type robot, not just a machine on wheels.

JBaxter
04-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Megyn Kelly.

DietCokeLover
04-21-2013, 12:12 PM
Megyn Kelly.

:yeahthat:

I also like Shepherd Smith.

katydid1971
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Hands down Brian Williams. I like the things he says and I wouldn't kick him out of bed. I love when he goes on the Daily Show or 30 Rock, he's got a good sense of humor.