PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy twin mattress?

jgenie
04-21-2013, 11:10 AM
We need a twin mattress for DS1. Our local Costco stores don't have any. Any thoughts on the best place to buy? We don't need the box spring just the mattress. TIA

sste
04-21-2013, 12:00 PM
"The mattress underground" website is a mattress advice forum and I know they have a lot of places they list that their guru, phoenix, feels are high quality, great value places (which may be different from the cheapest option).

We found a small family owned company that makes their own high quality mattresses in my area through this site.

crl
04-21-2013, 12:21 PM
We are very happy with our IKEA mattresses.

Catherine

jgenie
04-21-2013, 12:26 PM
We are very happy with our IKEA mattresses.

Catherine

Which version do you have? If I go by myself, will they secure it to my roof for me? TIA

crl
04-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Which version do you have? If I go by myself, will they secure it to my roof for me? TIA

Ours are a few years old and I think they have changed the line up. Ds has two twin foam mattresses on his bunks. They were the second cheapest and have been fine for him now for about five years. Dh and I have the cheapest latex mattress. It is about four years old and still very comfortable for us. Dd has the most expensive crib mattress (because it was the end of an long IKEA trip and I couldn't make up my mind and dh said, the most expensive one is still cheaper than anything else you've considered, right? I said yes. He picked up the most expensive one and started for the check out. :hysterical:).

Most of the IKEA mattresses come rolled up. If you buy the most expensive, thickest, they will have to be transported flat. We have always been able to transport what we bought in the back of an SUV. IKEA will not help with loading at all. They do have delivery service of some kind, but I don't know what the fee would be--varies by store and distance I think.

Catherine

ccather
04-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Do you have Big Lots in your area? We bought all of our twin mattresses from Big Lots. They're inexpensive but are a brand name (Sealy or Serra, I forget which). They're firm and have held up great. One of the least expensive places to get mattresses in our area.

brittone2
04-21-2013, 02:00 PM
The last mattress we bought (for DS2) was natural latex from Sleep EZ online. Several posters here have had good experiences with Sleep EZ.