PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Stroller Question

PZMommy
04-21-2013, 10:02 PM
We are planning to go to Disneyland this summer. DS1 will have just turned 4, and DS2 will be almost 2. Would we be better off bringing a double (city select), or two singles? It will just be me and my DH. I assume my oldest will want to walk at times.

My other question is DS 2 has a variety of health issues, one of which is low tone. He is just starting to walk. There is no way he could stand in line, which means he will have to be held at all times. Is there any way we'd be allowed to leave him in his stroller while waiting in line? Or if DH and my oldest stand in line, I could wait with DS2 in his stroller, and meet them at the end of the line?

lalasmama
04-21-2013, 11:49 PM
I would bring the double for a few reasons... (1) One less thing to keep track of! (2) You won't be stuck pushing an empty stroller. (3) I assume your family will likely be together most of the time.

You can go to guest services (to the left, once you go through the tunnels after entering the gates of DL), and ask for a Guest Assistance Card. Tell them that your son has low muscle tone, and is unable to stand for long periods, so you use his stroller as a wheelchair. They should give you a card that will let you access the handicapped line, which is often the exit gates at the rides. They will also give you a map of where to go for each ride.

BayGirl2
04-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Go with a double. That will give you and your DH the ability to split up and even do some adult rides. We considered the same thing last year but it worked much better to have the kids in one stroller so one parent could be alone with them when needed.

PZMommy
04-22-2013, 12:02 PM
I would bring the double for a few reasons... (1) One less thing to keep track of! (2) You won't be stuck pushing an empty stroller. (3) I assume your family will likely be together most of the time.

You can go to guest services (to the left, once you go through the tunnels after entering the gates of DL), and ask for a Guest Assistance Card. Tell them that your son has low muscle tone, and is unable to stand for long periods, so you use his stroller as a wheelchair. They should give you a card that will let you access the handicapped line, which is often the exit gates at the rides. They will also give you a map of where to go for each ride.

That would work. Do I need to bring a doctor's note or medical note as proof?

lalasmama
04-23-2013, 12:29 AM
That would work. Do I need to bring a doctor's note or medical note as proof?

Nope, no note needed. Just tell them the issue (low tone, stroller is his wheelchair), and that you would like to use the handicap entrance. I don't have a wheelchair, but my MS affects my legs, and the have never told me no--I use the guest assistance pass just to avoid the stairs, which eases the strain on my legs.

twowhat?
04-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Double for sure!! We were there a couple months ago and did run into situations where the adults needed to split up (i.e. DH needs to run to bathroom while I get food with the kids, etc). If we had 2 singles, I dunno how I would've managed. With a double, one adult can manage everyone.

And I'm glad lalasmama could answer your other question:)

daniele_ut
04-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Definitely the double. We went with our 3 kids in November and took our MBUJD and we were very glad we did. There were quite a few times that dh took our 8 year old and I kept the 2 younger ones to go on more tame rides.

PZMommy
04-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Double stroller it is! Would something tandem like a City Select be best, or a side by side, like the City Mini double be better? We have the Select, but I could borrow the Mini from a friend. I think the Mini may be easier for folding, and both seats reclining, but my DS2 will be able to sit better in the seat of the Select. When we tried a city mini single a few months back, he kept slumping over to the side as he needed more support. He may fit a bit better now, or I could always use some Aden and Anais swaddle blankets to prop him up.

Tondi G
04-25-2013, 02:08 AM
I think your stroller will be fine. If that fits your kiddo better then stick with that.

you just go to city hall once you enter the park and ask for a special assistance pass. You will be able to get through the lines MUCH quicker. It is good for up to 6 people. If you don't want to use the special assistance pass then you can have your DH stand in the line and then meet up at the front.

BayGirl2
04-25-2013, 02:24 PM
I prefer a side by side, but its really whatever is most comfortable for your kids and you. There is an advantage to having an easy to maneuver tandem.