PDA

View Full Version : Better World Books 40% off 5+ books Flash Sale

Babymakes3
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
Get 40% off 5+ books from the sale selection

http://www.betterworldbooks.com/go/earthday?utm_source=Email&utm_campaign=Bargain&utm_medium=b2013-4-22us&utm_term=earthday-img&utm_content=earthday

inmypjs
04-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Thank you! I love it when they have these sales.

jerseygirl
04-22-2013, 11:21 PM
I try to get most of my books from the library as I'm trying to keep the clutter under control. What type of books do you usually get from the sale?

inmypjs
04-23-2013, 01:51 AM
I usually buy older (pre-1965) books that are harder to find in the library. We homeschool one of our children and rely a lot on "living books" to learn about history, science and geography. I've found some fabulous older books on this site. They can be hard to locate unless you have specific titles in mind. Some series that we like are Childhood of Famous Americans, Landmark and North Star biographies, All about...series. I've also gotten some vintage readers for my younger child - kind of like Dick and Jane but harder text. These are mostly from the 50s, and she just loves them. The stories are short and they have nice illustrations. I've also purchased some classics like The Matchlock Gun, The Courage of Sarah Noble, The Hundred Dresses. I guess you could say we are really into older books.