PDA

View Full Version : Recommend you kid's sheets

mommylamb
04-22-2013, 04:17 PM
I want to get DS1 some new bedding. I'm a bit of a sheets snob for myself, and the sheets on his bed I find to be really scratchy. He doesn't complain, but I feel bad that he has to deal with them.

He has also requested "dinosaur sheets." so I'm looking for something that is nice and soft with some sort of dinosaur pattern in twin size. Of course, this means I'll need some sort of new duvet for him too, as his current comforter has cars on it. So, I need to get dinosaur sheets, but probably a neutral comforter/duvet that he could use for different phases in life.

fedoragirl
04-22-2013, 04:22 PM
I found Ikea sheets to be surprisingly soft. Unfortunately, they don't come in many colors and patterns.
I like PBK for duvets. I want to try Garnet Hill too but they are just too $$$ for splurging on kids sheets that get washed almost daily in our house.

echoesofspring
04-22-2013, 05:02 PM
I bought DS a couple cute flannel printed sheets on Etsy. They are toddler/crib size, so I don't know about twin size, but the price was in line w/what I found on regular stores, and there were so many print options from different sellers.

sste
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
PBK has dino sheets but they are not cheap (even the one that is currently on "sale" on their website). You might try calling the store to see if the sale ones are cheaper there. We have also done Garnet Hill (also preferably on sale!).

MamaInMarch
04-22-2013, 05:45 PM
We have toddler bed size jersey sheets from Target. I think they are Circo brand. They seem to be soft enough.

Target also had a Dino bedding collection.

citymama
04-22-2013, 06:04 PM
We like PBK sheets best. These ones look pretty nice:

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/dinosaur-sheeting/

On my screen, I see a one-time use code for a 15% discount on any PBK purchase, so I am PMing that to you, mommylamb!

AnnieW625
04-22-2013, 06:51 PM
The Big One from Kohl's, Pottery Barn Kids, and Lands End Jersey are my favorites. My mom loves her Ikea sheets as well. I love our Costco Kirkland sheets as well, but I don't believe they come in twin or full size.

Green_Tea
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
My DS has sheets from the Land of Nod that I think feel pretty nice. I also recently bought sheets from Target's Threshold line that I REALLY like. They don't have dinos on them, though. :)

Here are some dino ones: http://www.landofnod.com/when-dinosaurs-roamed-sheet-set/f10007