PDA

View Full Version : Cheap WDW tickets at 7-11/Publix, etc?

infocrazy
04-23-2013, 07:56 AM
A coworker of DH said that the best place to get tickets is in FL at the grocery etc and that they are EVERYWHERE and discounted. So now he is sure that is the best thing to do. I have tried looking at disboards and googling and don't see anything about this, so I can't imagine it is the deal he thinks it is since I would think more people would do it.

Any input? We leave too soon to get them from UT unless we pick them up, which is actually what I am leaning towards doing. Any thoughts on that?

TwinFoxes
04-23-2013, 08:16 AM
Your DH's coworker must be thinking of Universal. WDW simply doesn't sell discounted tickets at 7-11.

egoldber
04-23-2013, 08:52 AM
In general, mousesavers.com has the best, most current advice about discounts.

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/disney-world-ticket-pass-discounts/

There are not that many "deals" to be had. In addition to UT, AAA offers discounted tickets, but only for certain types of passes.

One advantage to buying your ticket at WDW and having it attached to your key card, is if you lose your ticket. Or misplace it. Or for example, your DH accidentally kept all the tickets when he got FastPasses earlier in the day :6: and he's now back at the hotel on a conference call while you're at a park entrance with 2 unhappy kids, you can go to Guest Services, show them an ID and they will happily re-issue you new tickets and invalidate the old ones.

Just saying..... :innocent:

ETA: Something we have done is get one Annual Pass. You can then get the AP rate on the hotel, which can be a significant savings. It depends on your length of stay if this is worthwhile or not.

BayGirl2
04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
I agree with the advice above. There are also deals for FL residents that may be sold through other outlets, but if you can't show proof of residence in FL those won't help you.

cntrymoon2
04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Agree with others- WDW doesn't sell tickets in grocery stores or convenience stores. Universal, Legoland and Wet & Wild sell tickets at these outlets. Possibly Seaworld, too.