PDA

View Full Version : The Very Hungry Mommy-pillar

sarahsthreads
04-23-2013, 01:33 PM
OK, so for lunch I had*:

two hot dogs (no buns or bread because we're out)
a large bunch of baby carrots
another large bunch of sugar snap peas
a huge pile of potato chips
six pickles
and a giant glass of decaf iced tea...

...and I'm STILL HUNGRY!

So then I had four thin mints. And a tall glass of water.

And I really want to go back in the kitchen and find something else to eat because I feel as hungry as I was before I ate lunch! So instead I'm wasting time on the internet.

I think this baby must be growing really fast this week (I'm almost 22 weeks). Either that, or I'm going to turn into a butterfly...

I guess my body is making up for the fact that so far I've literally only gained 1.5 pounds for this pregnancy! (Not for lack of trying, honest!) My grandmother can stop worrying that I'm going to waste away and the baby won't grow. ;)

Sarah :)

*and yes, I know how unhealthy that list looks. I'm due for a grocery run, so it was what was in the house and sounded appealing and like it might make me less hungry...? :bag

TwoBees
04-23-2013, 01:39 PM
You forgot your piece of chocolate cake. :D

sarahsthreads
04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
You forgot your piece of chocolate cake. :D

Seriously contemplating what I could go bake right now...not chocolate cake, because it's not my favorite, but maybe brownies. Or blueberry muffins...

Ack!

oneplustwo
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
You post made me ROTFL! When I was pregnant with twins, I vividly recall eating an entire 9x13" pan of my lasagna by myself for dinner. And then was ready to eat dessert. :) I think you are doing just fine, mommy-pillar! Go bake a yummy dessert.

abh5e8
04-23-2013, 02:13 PM
yes....you need it!!

sarahsthreads
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
You post made me ROTFL! When I was pregnant with twins, I vividly recall eating an entire 9x13" pan of my lasagna by myself for dinner. And then was ready to eat dessert. :) I think you are doing just fine, mommy-pillar! Go bake a yummy dessert.

Oh my, just the thought of a whole pan of lasagna is heartburn-inducing, but it sounds super yummy all the same!

DD1 would be so excited to come home to some fresh baked treat...so, really, it wouldn't *just* be for me... ;)

bostonsmama
04-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Yes, the trouble with eating is that it's hard to stop. Sometimes I just put limits that one massive bag of popcorn IS the stopping limit. That and tons of glasses of water in between deciding if another go is worth it.

Watch your salt intake the rest of the day. LOL

zukeypur
04-23-2013, 03:31 PM
I always get into trouble near the end of the 2nd trimester/beginning of the third because I gain 1/3 of my pregnancy weight in one month. I cannot.stop.eating.

sarahsthreads
04-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Watch your salt intake the rest of the day. LOL

I know, right? If it makes it any better, the potato chips were the low sodium variety and the pickles were sweet. (The hot dogs, however, were packed with salt I'm sure.)

OK, so a handful of (unsalted) cashews, an apple and two tall glasses of water later I'm no longer starving. :)

However, DD1 discovered my idea to bake muffins (I left the potential recipe on the printer) so I'm going to have to make them anyway. At least now I won't eat them all as soon as they come out of the oven!

sarahsthreads
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
I always get into trouble near the end of the 2nd trimester/beginning of the third because I gain 1/3 of my pregnancy weight in one month. I cannot.stop.eating.

I'm afraid that's what's going to happen. Seriously, by this point the first two times I'd gained probably 10-12 pounds and I put on another 20-25 from here on in, but this time around I've only gained 1.5 pounds and now I'm terrified I'm going to gain all the rest of my usual 30-35-ish in the next 18 weeks!

bigpassport
04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
How do you eat only 4 Thin Mints?

happymom
04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
LOL your post cracked me up! Especially since I just read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to my class today :).

gatorsmom
04-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Your post was fun. :). I remember thinking when I was pregnant that I'd never felt so out of control of my body. It just forced me to eat what it needed and made me think it was a good idea. :ROTFLMAO: