PDA

View Full Version : 4 yrs. ago....what were you doing?

AnnieW625
04-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Thought this could be a fun post.

DD1 was had just turned 3. DH and I had been married for 6 yrs., and my grandma was turning 80 so we were planning a big lunchoen for her. DH and DD1 took me to San Diego for Mother's Day weekend. Oh, and DD1 was almost potty trained.

wendibird22
04-23-2013, 02:32 PM
4yrs ago in April, DD1 would be just about to turn 2yo and we would have learned we were expecting #2. Life has changed so much since then!

georgiegirl
04-23-2013, 02:35 PM
DD was 3 and I was 6.5 months pregnant with DS. I was working full time as a clerk for our state Supreme Court and they had just released a ruling that legalized gay marriage.

gatorsmom
04-23-2013, 02:43 PM
This time 4 years ago I was planning a surprise birthday party for my dad's 70th birthday. He was healthy as a horse. My twins were 18mo. And we still lived in Minnesota.

Since then my dad battled cancer and died, i cleaned out and sold my childhood home, we moved 3 hours away to be with him, we built a house and moved permanently to Wisconsin. In a few months my twins will be starting full day Kindergarten. I feel like I lost the last 4 years with my children.

zukeypur
04-23-2013, 03:41 PM
This time four years ago I had *just* found out I was pregnant.

scrooks
04-23-2013, 03:43 PM
I was similar to my current state...pregnant....but a few few months behind where I am now! Chasing after a nearly 2 year old dd!

crayonblue
04-23-2013, 03:45 PM
I think I knew I was pregnant. Carmen was almost three years old. I really can't remember four years ago. A LOT has happened since.

wencit
04-23-2013, 04:29 PM
DH was unemployed, I was beyond stressed and pregnant with DS2. We have since moved cross-country twice, welcomed DS2 to our lives, and thank goodness DH is employed again. I feel like we packed 10 years of living into the past 4 years.

hellokitty
04-23-2013, 04:38 PM
I was pregnant with ds3 and a hormonal mess!

karstmama
04-23-2013, 04:53 PM
hmm. 2 1/2 yo ds had started talking a bit and had been walking about 4 months, was still getting play therapy and physical therapy. we loved the play therapist - she brought us muffins every wednesday (we paid for them). my grandmama had just died (i lived with mama & grandmama & ds). dbf & i had been dating for about 6 months & he lived in dc. i wasn't working.

KLD313
04-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Four years ago my divorce was just about to be final after living apart for two years. I was dating a different guy every weekend and had known my current BF for about a month or so. No thought of kids whatsoever. Times have changed.

123LuckyMom
04-23-2013, 05:07 PM
I had an almost six month old colicky baby. I was beyond exhausted, in a crisis of identity, and so resentful of my husband, because I felt like I had to do everything by myself and had no help. I loved my DS, but the first year was sooooooo hard!!! It took me a couple of years to get my feet under me. I'm in such a different place now!

bigpassport
04-23-2013, 05:09 PM
We had recently been contacted by a friend whose employee was pg and wanted to place her baby for adoption. DS arrived in June:)

eagle
04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
i was completely ignorant about poop and spit up. we went out to watch movies and ate at whatever restaurant we wanted to when we wanted to go out...

i wouldnt go back, though. i love where i am now!

BayGirl2
04-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Wow. 4 years ago I was 7 months pregnant. Easter weekend I had my baby shower and bought my Vista. My parents and my brother and his wife were in town, she co-hosted my shower with my mom at our house (which apparently people here think is incredibly inappropriate, but it made sense at the time and no one IRL seemed to care so whatever). They went home at the end of the weekend and ex-SIL said she wanted a divorce... a lot of drama ensued....I had a baby, switched jobs, had another baby, now my parents are divorced. My brother just got engaged to a much better SIL to be.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-23-2013, 05:55 PM
am i the only one who wasn't even pregnant yet?

we had recently moved to a new area, only had pt work from home, and was extremely bored
as i didnt kbow many people in the area. boy how things change!!

BabbyO
04-23-2013, 06:16 PM
4 years ago today I was pg with Stachio and had a labor & delivery class. During this week 4 yrs ago, I was training for a 1/2 marathon to be run in 2 weeks (doing the same 1/2 marathon two weeks from today); we were finishing our basement; and my first baby shower was that weekend.

I was using google calendar...so I was actually able to check what I was doing...so funny!

WatchingThemGrow
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Oh, I shiver when I think about "4 years ago." I was about 8 mos. pregnant, had a 1 year old and a 2 year old. :dizzy:

Boy, I had no idea what was about to happen...

elektra
04-23-2013, 06:34 PM
I was about to have DS. :)

momof2girls
04-23-2013, 07:08 PM
Hard to remember!
DD1 was 6, DD2 was 4. I was 34. DD1 was still letting me dress her as I wanted. DD2 was still into Thomas the Tank Engine. And I thought I was old then!
Am I one of the only ones who wasn't pregnant?

lmh2402
04-23-2013, 07:18 PM
four years ago today, DS was exactly three weeks old and i was heading down deep into the crazy hole of ppd

i really don't remember much of the first six months of his life

we still lived in the city and on any given day during those early months, the chances are about 99.9% that i was walking the streets of BK with him in a sling. we were probably both crying. and i had attended at least one new moms group b/c those little meet-ups forced me out of our apartment, into fresh air and the walking, walking, endless walking was one of the only things that soothed him.

AJP
04-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Four years ago I was thrilled to have made it through my first winter with twins and headed toward spring. My DDs were almost 9 mos old and were at a fun stage (sleeping well, eating, not spitting up as much). I was independent and was getting into a great routine taking them out etc. I was planning their baptism for early May, and moved them out of their infant seats in April.
I was also having a tough time dealing with my DH's job at his restaurant. His hours were insane and I had no idea how insane I'd be going at home alone with twins. Thank God that part of his career is over and as much as I miss having two cuddly babies, I wouldn't go back to those days. Not functioning as single parent in the house. I had to do everything alone unless I wanted MIL's "help" and wanted to entertain her all day. My poor mom did so much for me. Needless to say, I resented my DH for "escaping" to work each day even though I know he was dealing with his own problems. Good riddance restaurant!

baymom
04-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Four years ago at the end of April, I had a 3 year old and a 4 year old. We had just come home from a wedding abroad (DD's first overseas trip) and I was in a panic about finding an elementary school for DS that fall. Our neighborhood school was out of the question and we didn't get a transfer to the school we loved. I was deciding between a couple private schools, but had my heart set on public. Now, that seems like a million years ago! DS ended up getting into our top choice public school the week before school started and my kids are so much more independent then they were just 4 years ago!

flashy09
04-23-2013, 07:34 PM
Oh wow! 4 yrs ago I didn't think I was having kids, I had just moved into this house, I had only done a "green card" marriage with DH (we later did a real wedding), I had just bred my first racehorse, and I met my half brother for the basically the first time right about now. I was all about myself and my horses. Seems like a million years ago!

mom2one
04-23-2013, 07:44 PM
Four years ago we live in TX. We found out in January that year that DH had lost his job. We were trying to figure out what to do. Such stressful times and memories!!!!!

mjs64
04-23-2013, 08:16 PM
4 years ago, I was planning my wedding to my DH, which took place that June (and no, ms. pacman, i wasn't pregnant either!)

Obama had just been inaugurated.

I was in grad school. I'm finally finishing now.

Edited for typos

mjs64
04-23-2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry, double post

lizzywednesday
04-23-2013, 08:27 PM
Hmmm ... this time 4 years ago (2009) we'd been NTNP, though DH kind of felt that my sister had stolen our thunder with her announcement (BY TEXT MESSAGE!!!! I reamed her out for that, by the by, telling her that something of that magnitude should be announced by a phone CALL not a phone TEXT. She learned differently with her DS2.) that she was pregnant with her DS1.

Prior to that, the big news was my high school choral conductor having passed away very suddenly that February ... and the alumni gathering for his funeral Mass. (We also laid the foundation for our alumni association in the weeks following our loss and began establishing our Alumni Chorale, which is now regularly invited to perform at Carnegie Hall each spring.)

In June that year, we moved offices from Newark, NJ to the Short Hills area (also in NJ) due to some company belt-tightening regarding rental properties.

It was also the last time my BFF was able to come visit NJ before this year (2013) because I got pregnant with DD in June-ish ... and DD was born at the beginning of March (2010).

Mopey
04-23-2013, 08:32 PM
I was literally getting ready for my wedding!! Our 4th anniversary is Thursday :D

It's been a fantastic four years full of love, ambition, challenges, creativity and drama and fun! And an amazing little 13 month old with shining eyes and dimples who is breathtaking!!! :yay:

Philly Mom
04-23-2013, 08:41 PM
I have no idea. :). Everyone had interesting things happening it seems. DH and I had been married for 4 years but still weren't ready for kids. I was enjoying work, dinner and drinks with friends and a weekly mani/pedi with a close friend after work on Fridays. A lot has changed and a lot has stayed the same.

wallawala
04-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Well 16 years ago TOMORROW, was my first date with DH. Never in a million years thought we'd be married, with kids, and living halfway across the country. Yea for blind dates!!

4 years ago I was 6 months pregnant with my first (DD), and still so nauseated didn't know how I'd make it to 40 weeks. There may have actually still been snow on the ground. Now we are post 2 c-sections, a crash course in infant hearing aids, lots of speach therapy, and a beautific baby boy to balance my spirited DD.

sunshine873
04-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Awwww, brings me to tears just thinking about it! In April 2009, DD turned 3 months old and the Drs came in to see me during my daily NICU visit to say those magic words, "We think she's ready to go home!" I was floored, excited and terrified all at once. Exactly 4 years ago today (the 23rd) we were back at the hospital for laser eye surgery (it was part of the deal that we would bring her back because they were closely monitoring her ROP.) But we took her right back home again the next day! :). Definitely one of the most momentous & memorable months of my life!

speo
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
I had an almost 4 yo and a 1.5 yo. This is DS1's bday week so for the last 7 years I have been doing the same thing this week ... planning his party and getting ready. We always do a big family party which is all we are doing this year. That year I decided to do a friend party the day before the family party. I was stressed! Things are a lot easier now. :D

DS2 had just stopped nursing and he was finally sleeping through the night.

stillplayswithbarbies
04-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Four years ago we had just come home from Taiwan with a six month old baby girl. :) It was a very happy time for our family. Older daughter was completely enthralled with her baby sister.

kara97210
04-23-2013, 10:39 PM
I was snuggling newborn DS. And probably totally freaking out due to lack of sleep.

jent
04-23-2013, 10:59 PM
Fun!

Four years ago was the eve of DD's 2nd birthday, so I was probably cooking/cleaning/prepping for the party. In general, I was stressed out beyond belief with work, since I had been working extra call/days since one of the other docs had left our practice a year prior. And I was about one year away from realizing that beyond the personality rifts that this strain on our office had exposed (which eventually led to the dissolution of the partnership), I was unhappy with primary care in general and I would be much happier doing fellowship/subspecialty training (and I am! although poorer.).

If we can skip ahead to 1 year +1 day, I was listening to DD singing herself asleep to "happy buh-day to meee" on the baby monitor.:love5:

theriviera
04-23-2013, 11:12 PM
I was in the hospital in labor :love5:

army_mom
04-23-2013, 11:18 PM
hmmm....4 years ago seems like SO long ago!! DD was almost 5 months old and we were living in Texas. I was a temporary "single" mom since DH was in Iraq. I was getting ready to deploy as well and was enjoying my last few weeks with DD before I left in June and getting everything ready with MIL for her to move up there. DH was about to come home on mid tour leave so we were busy planning our two weeks.

It seems like it was so long ago now as we are all back together and have moved (and are moving again next week!). I love looking back at all the photos on the iPad to see how DD has grown. my sweet baby girl. :heartbeat:

lmwbasye
04-23-2013, 11:35 PM
4 years ago DH just got back from his 2nd deployment (a 15 monther). DS1 was 4 and DS2 was 1 and we were getting ready for a move from VA to KS. It was a very crazy time.

Of course, now I'm doing the same thing...waiting for DH to get back from deployment and prepping for a move in 2 months. Still a very crazy time.

No wonder I'm so tired. :)

mikeys_mom
04-23-2013, 11:46 PM
I had 2 month old twins, 2yo DD1 and 4yo DS. We were in survival mode. It was complete chaos, I don't remember much.

I was a good 60lbs overweight, which I have since lost :).

My brother was recently engaged and planning to get married in Sept in future SIL's hometown in the US. I was freaking out about how we were going to get ourselves there and put together for the wedding and hoping and praying that my nanny get approved for a US visa in time to help us out on the trip. She got the visa and was a huge help that weekend. We had so much baby and kid gear crammed into the car and roof carrier. It was insane!!!

Seems like ages ago...

hillview
04-25-2013, 09:08 AM
gah! Wow well let's see here
DS1 was almost 4 and in his 2nd year of preschool, it was a tough year for him as he was crying a lot at school
DS2 was almost 2 and at home with our awesome nanny

I was SLOWLY starting to adjust to 2 kids (one with a major surgery when he was <1 year old). DH and I were starting to get enough sleep to function.

Twoboos
04-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Hmmm, I was totally stressed out.

Both my parents were sick and my dad had passed away in March. My mom was getting ready to move back to her home to have full time care from my (amazing) aunt and uncle & VNA/hospice. Little did we know she would completely rally for my brother's July wedding, even to the point of dancing with him at the reception! (The doctors had no explanation other than sheer will power/determination.) She would pass away in October.

The kids were 5 & 3, only in preschool part time. I seriously have no idea how I made it through that time. Sometimes I think I'm still recovering.

ETA: Yeesh, sorry this is such a downer post!! But you asked. ;)

AlbrightRC
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
4 years ago we flew to Ethiopia and on April 20th we held our son for the 1st time.

kdeunc
04-25-2013, 10:52 AM
4 years ago we were almost through with DS1's kindergarten year. DS2 was 4 and DD was 9 months old. I was crazy busy then and continue to be crazy busy now with a 4th grader, 2nd grader and my "baby" heading to kindergarten in August!! Where has the time gone??:)