PDA

View Full Version : Do you get any monthly subscription boxes?

cleo27
04-23-2013, 05:44 PM
I was just curious if you all had any monthly subscription boxes you like or have signed up for?

I have been getting Popsugar Must Have boxes since the fall and like them a lot (except a few disappointments). They have a mix of body and home products and seem to feature trendy, sometimes high end brands.

I've also started to get Yuzen boxes which I really like. They feature all natural, Eco friendly products, and are beautifully packaged. These boxes are shipped quarterly.

I just think these are fun to receive - kind of like an unexpected present and you don't know what you will receive. I have discovered some brands and products that I really like

Just curious if any of you have any you like or not.

MelissaTC
04-23-2013, 05:50 PM
I get a Birchbox and Ipsy (formerly glam bag). I also have a monthly subscription to Gwynnie Bee which is like Netflix for clothes, sizes 10-26. I am a makeup/beauty hound so I love getting my beauty boxes. And the clothes are great. True, they go back but I hate wearing the same dresses and tops all the time.

sidmand
04-23-2013, 06:22 PM
I got Birchbox but cancelled it (too many things I didn't use). I just started getting Klutch boxes (fitness related items) and I'm on the fence. I like the idea and it is like getting little presents in the mail. I'm not sure how much I'll use anything yet though.

Tenasparkl
04-23-2013, 06:28 PM
We were getting boxes from bluum, citrus lane and kiwi crate. I loved them all at first but eventually cancelled all of them. We typically did one of the two kiwi crate crafts. My DD just wasn't that into them, but loved getting a package. Citrus Lane was pretty good, but I feel like I don't need more stuff coming into the house on a regular basis that I may or may not use. Bluum wasn't great. I got the same item two months in a row and that made me cancel. Lame.

amatahrain
04-23-2013, 06:48 PM
I get a Birchbox and Ipsy (formerly glam bag). I also have a monthly subscription to Gwynnie Bee which is like Netflix for clothes, sizes 10-26. I am a makeup/beauty hound so I love getting my beauty boxes. And the clothes are great. True, they go back but I hate wearing the same dresses and tops all the time.

Interesting... Please tell me more about Gwynnie Bee.

MelissaTC
04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Gwynnie Bee is free for the first month. You can borrow 1-10 items at a time, depending on your subscription. I'm at three. You go through their items and place what you like in your virtual closet. They mail you the items USPS priority and include return envelopes through UPS. The cost is included in your subscription. I am a dress girl and have tried several. They carry brands like Eloquii, Kiyonna, iggigi, etc. I am pretty happy so far and find their customer service is great.

blisstwins
04-23-2013, 06:59 PM
I gave my cousin a birchbox subscription as a gift and she said it was a big disappointment.

Blue Hydrangea
04-23-2013, 08:06 PM
I had a 3 month gift subsciption of birchbox. I let it expire and don't miss it. There was only one item that I liked, and the rest was unimpressive and came in really small samples.

anonomom
04-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I've been getting Citrus Lane boxes for over a year now. I think it's a great box for first-time parents and/or for a limited amount of time, but now they're doing a lot of repeats and featuring less interesting brands. They also seem to have difficulty with the concept of age-appropriateness. I used a great coupon code a while back to renew through June, but when that's done so am I. Too many items that we already own or will never use.

I also took advantage of the 50% off Twistband code to get a 6-month subscription to their "club." Each month I get a handful of hair ties or headbands. I love getting that little package in the mail and i always have at least one or two bands on my wrist.