PDA

View Full Version : Small bathroom remodel

flashy09
04-24-2013, 12:44 PM
I am remodling a rather small bathroom. There is zero storage at the moment besides a medicine cabinet. All the shampoo bottles are piled on top of the towel bar inside the shower and they fall off all the time. I bought a free standing bathroom storage cabinet, but it takes up so much room. So I am thinking of building in shelves in the shower and in the room itself, but is there anything else you can think of or use that is really helpful? THank you!

niccig
04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Does the sink vanity have storage? We have a tiny 1/2 bath and under the sink, I put extra toiletries for guests.

Our main bath has a built in cabinet above the toilet. It's high up, so I have to stand on the toilet lid to get anything in 2nd/3d shelf.

BunnyBee
04-24-2013, 12:59 PM
You can inset niches in between the studs on shower wall. You can even do an entire inset shelf but you have to add a header where you cut studs.

Cabinet under sink (not a pedestal)

Cabinetry above toilet

Built in niches in between studs elsewhere, like above/beside sink where you would hang a hand towel. You can add a door that looks like a panel and mount towel hook on it.

Lots of ideas on houzz!

squimp
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
We had a small full bath and had them insert a shelf on the wall on the opposite side of the tub from the shower head. Huge medicine cabinet inset into the wall above the sink and a custom cabinet built under the sink (our contractor was a carpenter by trade).

crl
04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Niches between the studs was going to be my suggestion too. Maybe search Houzz for small bathrooms. Also the Better Homes and Gardens website seems to have a lot of small space storage ideas.

Catherine

hillview
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
back of the door Elpha spice rack?

bigpassport
04-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Freestanding over the toilet cabinet?

katydid1971
04-25-2013, 04:46 PM
These shampoo dispenser can be helpful. They clean up some of the clutter
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=17261665&RN=182&