PDA

View Full Version : Nasty & gross (tmi)

ShanaMama
04-25-2013, 12:35 AM
I went for a laser treatment today & the woman was kind enough to take care of some nose hair while doing my lip. Never mind the fact that lasering nose hair should be outlawed under the Geneva convention. I think it's up there with waterboarding. But now I have the smell of burnt hair *in* my nose. And it won't go away.
Nasty, nasty & gross.

But it is nice to be hairless.

elektra
04-25-2013, 12:51 AM
I went for a laser treatment today & the woman was kind enough to take care of some nose hair while doing my lip. Never mind the fact that lasering nose hair should be outlawed under the Geneva convention. I think it's up there with waterboarding. But now I have the smell of burnt hair *in* my nose. And it won't go away.
Nasty, nasty & gross.

But it is nice to be hairless.

Gross! However, I totally want to do this. Rogue nose hairs are the worst. Unfortunately I know this all too well.
Hopefully the temporary pain and smell will be all worth it!

ShanaMama
04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
I think lasering in general is totally worth it. I held out for so long because I was worried about it. But now I'm happy I jumped on the bandwagon. But my nose? Um no. Now I see she actually did the whole lower area of my nose. Last time she just did the icky areas that stick out sometimes. I think this was really too much.

MamaMolly
04-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Plucking the nose hairs makes me cry, plus my eyes are getting older and I can't see them when they are small, so I look like Chewbacca before I realize how bad it is. I want to do the laser SO badly, no matter how awful it is.

mommylamb
04-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I am going for my first laser treatment (lip) next week. I am not at all brave enough for my nose hair though.

hellokitty
04-25-2013, 03:22 PM
That stinks. Is there any way you can get a hold of some peppermint oil? I would take a few whiffs of that. It may be strong enough to get rid of the burnt hair smell. I always feel nauseous when I smell that kind of smell.

gatorsmom
04-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Plucking the nose hairs makes me cry, plus my eyes are getting older and I can't see them when they are small, so I look like Chewbacca before I realize how bad it is. I want to do the laser SO badly, no matter how awful it is.

I'm sorry, your post just made me laugh. I'm picturing Chewbacca squinting in the mirror with a tweezers. Thank you. :D

ShanaMama
04-26-2013, 10:18 AM
I am going for my first laser treatment (lip) next week. I am not at all brave enough for my nose hair though.

Lip isn't that pleasant either because te smell is right there under your nose. But at least once its over, it's over.

That stinks. Is there any way you can get a hold of some peppermint oil? I would take a few whiffs of that. It may be strong enough to get rid of the burnt hair smell. I always feel nauseous when I smell that kind of smell.

I ended up putting on perfume & just sniffing my wrists every so often.

MamaMolly
04-26-2013, 11:43 AM
I'm sorry, your post just made me laugh. I'm picturing Chewbacca squinting in the mirror with a tweezers. Thank you. :D

:kisscheek: you're welcome!

Sadly it is soooooo true...