PDA

View Full Version : bedbug precautions?

rachelh
04-25-2013, 10:18 AM
DH is managing a nursing home renovation. He just called me to tell me that two of the bedrooms in the facility are being treated for bedbugs. DH is not working in those two rooms yet, but he is doing work in other bedrooms currently. He said he is not touching anything but what other precautions should he be taking, if any. Should he bring a change of clothes daily and change before he leaves the facility? I am so afraid of having bedbugs!

TIA!

Tondi G
04-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I would have him remove his clothing and placing them in a black garbage bag until they can be washed and dried HOT. Shoes should come off and go into a sealed plastic bag preferably before he gets into his car (keep an extra pair in the car for driving home). You don't want a bedbug to hitch a ride and infest his car or your house. They can hide in books/backpacks/briefcases so he may want to put any of those items into a sealed bag as well.

from a site I was looking around on

I would avoid sitting on anything with cushions and/or fabric while in the bed-bug suspected home. You can spray off around your pants legs, and body to help keep the bugs off you.

When you leave, spray your car seat with off (many times they will stay in the car for months and hitch-hike on you to your work place). Once you get home, wash the clothes and shoes that you were wearing with hot water, and take a warm/hot shower. If you don’t have a washing machine, store the clothes in the freezer in an air tight plastic bag until you can wash them in hot water (the cold may not kill them).

http://bedbugger.com/faqs/