PDA

View Full Version : Meal planning starting Friday?

sarahsthreads
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
I'm trying to find a weekly menu printable that goes Friday - Thursday and I'm not having any luck. They all start Sunday or Monday. Am I the only person that plans meals for the week starting with the weekend? I have so little time and energy to cook during the week that I prefer to shop (and get all my fresh produce, etc.) on Thursday or Friday and do any major cooking over the weekend. Weeknight "meals" are basically leftovers, pasta, sandwiches, take-out, etc.

I'm tired of just scribbling a menu down on a random piece of scrap paper that usually gets recycled before I'm done with it, so I thought I'd find a cute printable...but they don't seem to exist.

So, any templates out there that I'm missing? (I could probably fight with Word to make an ugly one myself, but I was hoping for something a bit cuter.)

Sarah :)

daisymommy
04-25-2013, 12:28 PM
I have purchased a ton of cute printable a from the gal "Clean Mama" on Etsy. She is fabulous to work with. All of her stuff is home organization based, meal planning sheets, etc. she will custom design whatever you want, very cute, very cheap, like $5. Then she emails youths PDF.

I also love Happy Organized Life (cutest stuff ever!) but she has been behind lately after buying a house. I would still bookmark her store though.

Sent from my iPad

Blue Hydrangea
04-25-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't have a printable idea for you, but I think the meal planning options usually start on Sunday or Monday because many meal planners do so with the help of the Sunday store ads and coupons, so they plan around what is cheapest as well.

acmom
04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Are you looking for something you can post at home or something to take with you to the store?

If you want to post at home, I made one from pinterest that might work for you bc you could customize it to the way you do your meal planning. It was made from a 8 opening picture frame and scrapbook paper (and letters for the days of the week) behind the glass. I write on the glass with a dry erase and it hangs in the kitchen by the fridge. I use mine for both meal planning and recording our family's weekly activities which helps me see which nights I might need a quicker meal or we might eat out. The 8th opening can be used to jot down notes, things to pick up, etc.

Meatball Mommie
04-25-2013, 05:46 PM
I don't have a printable idea for you, but I think the meal planning options usually start on Sunday or Monday because many meal planners do so with the help of the Sunday store ads and coupons, so they plan around what is cheapest as well.

I agree - I think this is the reasoning...

I was watching this thread because I operate the same way (or in theory I do!) I like to plan for cooking on the weekend. Oddly enough our local grocery store sales all run Friday to Friday!

I'm going to check out the etsy stores... never thought about that!

sarahsthreads
04-26-2013, 02:58 PM

Hadn't really thought about that. I don't cut coupons or really bother with the ads - I buy store brand of just about everything, so there are never any coupons anyway! But at least that solves the mystery. :)

sarahsthreads
04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
I have purchased a ton of cute printable a from the gal "Clean Mama" on Etsy. She is fabulous to work with. All of her stuff is home organization based, meal planning sheets, etc. she will custom design whatever you want, very cute, very cheap, like $5. Then she emails youths PDF.

I also love Happy Organized Life (cutest stuff ever!) but she has been behind lately after buying a house. I would still bookmark her store though.

Thanks for the Etsy recommendations! I hadn't thought to look for a seller that would customize. Both of those sellers do have some really cute stuff!

sarahsthreads
04-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Are you looking for something you can post at home or something to take with you to the store?

If you want to post at home, I made one from pinterest that might work for you bc you could customize it to the way you do your meal planning. It was made from a 8 opening picture frame and scrapbook paper (and letters for the days of the week) behind the glass. I write on the glass with a dry erase and it hangs in the kitchen by the fridge. I use mine for both meal planning and recording our family's weekly activities which helps me see which nights I might need a quicker meal or we might eat out. The 8th opening can be used to jot down notes, things to pick up, etc.

This sounds great, but I don't think I have the room for something that big. But definitely looking for something to leave at home - DH is sometimes responsible for cooking dinner (like on dance nights, when the kids and I don't get home until 6:30), and unless I have the menu spelled out for the entire week he will randomly pick things and leave me without essential ingredients for other meals. It's been a slight source of stress lately, which is why I'm trying to find a better fix than a random scrap of paper. ;)

rin
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
We just handwrite ours onto a white board that's magneted to the fridge. We don't assign the meals to days, but each night/day we pick something off the list.

ellies mom
04-26-2013, 04:40 PM
It isn't fancy but I really like this one (http://www.lifeinyellow.com/2012/03/meal-planning-and-a-free-download/). There aren't any days listed but since there are only four per page, you'd need two sheets.
Since breakfast and lunch are pretty repetitive, they don't really require planning so I just plan for dinner. And breakfast or lunch items get added to the bottom list.

Or you could find one you like otherwise and just ignore the day on the top.