PDA

View Full Version : Where to get nice quilt for DS1's bed?

MSWR0319
04-25-2013, 03:31 PM
DS is 4.5 and we are finally converting his toddler bed to a full. I want to find him a nice quilt that he can use for a long time and then we can change decor if need be. I've looked at PBK, Land Of Nod, GH, Company Kids, JCPenny, and Kohls. Any other suggestions??

I really like this one from PBK http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/hamptons-quilted-bedding/. So something like that would be wonderful, but I'm open to anything that'll be age appropriate for awhile.

edurnemk
04-25-2013, 04:07 PM
We have Land of Nod bedding for both kids and love it, great quality.

vonfirmath
04-25-2013, 04:11 PM
WE got ours off Craigslist!

scrooks
04-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I just got DS a quilt for his new big boy bed at Home Goods. It was very much like some seen on the pottery barn website but was literally 1/3 the cost! I was thrilled.

jgenie
04-25-2013, 08:31 PM
We just bought DS1 a twin size bed and I bought the PBK Ryder train bedding for DS2 new on Ebay. It was still expensive but not as much as if I bought it at the store. It's beautiful and I love how it looks in his room.

bostonsmama
04-30-2013, 01:05 PM
My girlfriend has the stars one from PBK for her 2 boys who share a split bunkbed (almost 5 and 3). She got a full sized one in Navy for the bottom and a twin in red for the top. I love it every time we visit.

I have a girl, so we went with something non-babyish. PBK quilts are such great quality that you really don't want to get something (with, say trucks or robots--or in our case, baby birds or animals) that they'll grow out of by 8. I think w/ DD's bedding she could like it til 11 or 12...and it's pretty enough to use in a guest room afterwards.

If we have a boy this time, I'll be considering the stars, rugby stripe, kingston (plain) or madras quilts. They're the most timeless to me. In fact, the Madras has been around so long that I'm certain you can find it cheaper on eBay. You can also call PBK outlets--they ship for the same fees they charge online.