PDA

View Full Version : Nighttime reusable diaper option

jgenie
04-25-2013, 09:40 PM
DS2 hasn't gotten night potty training down yet. We were away a couple of weeks ago and I made him wear pull ups at night so he wouldn't wet the bed. He slept through the night the whole time we were away. He's only slept through the night a handful of times in his life. Needless to say I ran out and bought a package of pull ups to use at home when we returned. He doesn't like them because he knows kids at school use them as diapers and he's determined to be a big boy. Any thoughts on cloth diaper options I could buy for night time? He wakes up dry most nights but I don't want to have to change sheets in the middle of the night any more. TIA

boltfam
04-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Fuzzibunz trickle free trainer, mother-ease bed wetter pants, and I think there is a Flips training pants. I haven't tried any but am tempted to b/c DD is not night trained. If I buy any, I'll let you know how we like the. Right now, we are reusing pull ups.

BabbyO
04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
When I was asking about night-time options because Stachio INSISTED in undies only to bed but was still wetting - someone here recommended wool undies. I wasn't able to find them, but I did consider them. I'll try to find the thread.

Anyway the suggestion that we did use that helped tremendously was to layer our sheets. So waterproof pad/sheet/waterproof pad/sheet. This made it really simple to just pull the wet sheet/waterproof pad off and the bed was already made. We used just flat pads that fit on top of the mattress with a fitted sheet. I think I got a pack of 2 for about $15 - $20 at Target.

I felt like it would never end, but Stachio was committed to being dry at night. I changed and washed sheets every night for like 19 days...but on the 20th he got it and has had VERY few accidents since.

Good luck!

ETA: here is the thread http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=445742

I think it is in the 2nd or 3rd response

NewMom2007
04-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Is it to catch a little or a lot? If a little, GroVia trainers are fine (and you can put in an insert for more). If a lot, SuperUndies are great, but they are super poofy...

Momit
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
We use the Bummis training pants. DS wanted to wear underwear at night WAY before he was ready, and I got these. I was afraid they looked like giant granny panties but when I showed them to him he said, "Whoa! Those look pretty cool!" Whew!

http://www.bummis.com/us/en/training-pant.php

ETA They don't always contain everything (pee) but they usually keep the sheets from getting soaked.