PDA

View Full Version : Assuming its normal to mourn after vasectomy?

lalasmama
04-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I assume its normal for some women to be morose, and grieve after a vasectomy, right?

SO got it done today. I know it's for the best.

But all day, I've felt sad, upset, and totally bothered that I gave my okay for it to be done.

♥ms.pacman♥
04-25-2013, 11:05 PM
aw, i am sorry.

i think i get the feeling. we are actually seriously considering DH having snipped soon. i had toyed with the idea of a 3rd, but now that i finally have a job i love, and we both LOVE the ages our kids are at now, we are so glad not to have babies anymore and don't want to deal with the worry of what ifs. though in a way i'd feel bad him for him getting it, like we're closing the door on that possibility forever, and that makes me a little sad.

queenmama
04-25-2013, 11:30 PM
I think I will feel the same way! I can't necessarily say that's normal though, since it's me talking... ;)

It seems so final, but I tell myself men have reversals all the time. I kind of doubt DH would be one of them, but the option is there.

I have been through too many health issues or I'd have a tubal. Well, that, and I want to leave the door open to having babies with my next husband, Lenny Kravitz. :cool: But either way, I'm guessing it's bittersweet even when you're 100% certain you're done babymaking.

Lara

kdeunc
04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
I would think it is normal. I had a tubal after DD. There have been a couple of times when I was late since then that I get a little sad when AF shows up. Then I smack myself upside the head and say woman you are 42, with 3 kids, totally exhausted and half crazy. Count your blessiings! :)

Sorry you are feeling sad! Sometimes our hearts feel one thing while our heads know better.:hug:

twowhat?
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
I would imagine that is totally normal!!!

Now, can your SO give my DH a kick in the butt to get it done?

chottumommy
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I think its totally normal. DH is planning on getting one in summer and I get very sad even thinking about it. I had a miscarriage recently and it was not planned pregnancy. We were very sad but at the same time realized we both were not ready and maybe would never be ready for #3.

I personally think women always have a tiny bit of sadness when the baby/pregnancy door is closed. :hug: Its a stage of life you're mourning and you have every right to be sad.

mommylamb
04-26-2013, 12:43 PM
I think I'll feel that way to an extent when DH has it done, which he's planning to do soon. But, I know I'm done with kids now. I really know my family is the right size for so many reasons. I am 100% sure and so is DH.

goldenpig
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I think it sounds totally normal. I would feel the same way if DH had one too. In fact, I'm getting an IUD next week and I feel kind of sad about it, even though it's reversible and my baby is only 7 weeks and there is no freakin' way we could handle 4 (we are already INSANE to have had 3!). It's part of the normal process of letting go and moving on to the next phase of life. Lots of hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug:

scrooks
04-26-2013, 03:50 PM
I am sad here thinking about it...I am going to have a tubal ligation when I have my csection this summer. Dh joked about 4 but I know that we may not even be capable of handling 3 let alone 4! Plus my poor body has really been through a lot since my first pregnancy 7 years ago. I am worn out physically and we are worn out emotionally! I think this sadness is normal.

jent
04-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Totally normal. See my thread from earlier today where I thought I was pg after changing BP methods... While our family is the right size for us, some small part of me was secretly hoping for that oops baby. Not exactly the same, but I know how you feel!