PDA

View Full Version : leggings w/ this dress?

ang79
04-29-2013, 09:56 PM
I am no fashionista and am completely new to the whole leggings and skinny jean thing. But I finally caved and have both, now am trying to find ways to wear them. So I got this kimono dress on clearance from Target, I have it in black and gray.

http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-supply-co-juniors-kimono-sleeve-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-13095737#prodSlot=medium_1_7&term=kimono

Its a little on the short side to wear by itself, especially as a SAHM chasing after kids at the playground and playing on the floor, etc. But I thought it would look cute w/ leggings and flats. So, I have black leggings to wear w/ the gray, and also picked up some navy blue ones for cheap at ON this weekend, would the navy w/ gray be OK? And I have gray to wear w/ the black, they are a little lighter than charcoal gray, but not as light as heather gray, if that makes any sense. Do lighter leggings w/ a black dress work? And I have black ballet flats (peep toe and rounded toe), and found a few different colors of these canvas shoes on clearance at Target: http://www.target.com/p/women-s-mad-love-collection/-/A-14468577#prodSlot=medium_1_57&term=mad+love

Leggings + dress + canvas flats an OK casual look? I feel the need to do more than just my normal jeans and t-shirt some days but want to make sure I'm not going to look silly!

SnuggleBuggles
04-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Is it cold there? The length of that dress looks fine to me on its own. I'm not a legging and dress fan though but that's personal preference. The shoes are fine.

KLD313
04-29-2013, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't wear long leggings with that dress but I may do capri length. Ballet flats would be cute.

ang79
04-29-2013, 10:27 PM
Is it cold there? The length of that dress looks fine to me on its own. I'm not a legging and dress fan though but that's personal preference. The shoes are fine.

I'm in PA and I'm always cold! This week is to be 50-60, so still too cold to go bare legs for me! Once July hits I will probably wear it on its own though.

SnuggleBuggles
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I'd toss on a cardigan and still go bare legged if in the low 60s. :).

Mermanaid
04-29-2013, 11:01 PM
I own this dress and love it. I must be shorter than you though because it hits me right above the knee. I can throw on biker shorts and be comfortable.

On chillier days I will put it with leggings that go just past my knee or capris. It looked odd to me to put full leggings with it. Maybe it's a mental thing for me though.

I just toss on any pair of cute flats and a long necklace. Good to go!

ang79
04-30-2013, 08:55 AM
I own this dress and love it. I must be shorter than you though because it hits me right above the knee. I can throw on biker shorts and be comfortable.

On chillier days I will put it with leggings that go just past my knee or capris. It looked odd to me to put full leggings with it. Maybe it's a mental thing for me though.

I just toss on any pair of cute flats and a long necklace. Good to go!

Actually, I'm only 5'2" but because of the cut of the dress, it just feels like it could fly up and expose me while chasing after the 18 mos. old little boy that I baby-sit! I love wearing dresses in the summer, they seem cooler than shorts to me when its super hot. So when its hot I'll give it a try, but right now I'm sitting in my kitchen in jeans, socks and slippers, a 3/4 tee and cardigan and I'm still on the chilly side, so going barelegs for now won't be happening. That's why I thought maybe leggings or leggings and a cardigan would work. I haven't bought capri leggings yet, because I feel like they make my short legs look even shorter.

ray7694
04-30-2013, 11:55 AM
I am pretty tall so I only wear dresses with leggings. I would do capri leggings.

citymama
04-30-2013, 12:34 PM
I would wear capri leggings and flats or sandals. Like you, I'm always cold, so I frequently wear leggings with dresses, usually Boden leggings.