PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for non-candy pinata stuffers (for 3 yr old birthday)

citymama
05-02-2013, 01:33 PM
We were bad parents and went all-candy/raisins for DD1's pinata (she turned 7, so OK, it was forgivable). Don't want to do the same for DD2's third birthday. Any ideas for fun pinata stuffers for that age group, and where to get at B&M stores?

I was thinking:
stampers
stickers
little notepads
small Goldfish packets
raisins
what else?

I don't want junk or choking hazards. The Target pinata stuffers are truly junk. I figure their pinata haul will be their goody bags, so I'd like to get some nicer items. Thanks for any suggestions!

Also: any idea where to get a Disney Cars pinata? Mater, Lightning, it doesn't matter. Thanks!

nrp
05-02-2013, 01:59 PM
Maybe some matchbox-style cars to go with the Cars theme? The goofy plastic glasses with the attached mustaches are always a strangely popular item in our pinatas.

citymama
05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Maybe some matchbox-style cars to go with the Cars theme? The goofy plastic glasses with the attached mustaches are always a strangely popular item in our pinatas.

thanks! any idea where to get these?

PunkyBoo
05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
The kids at my boys' parties always like getting bouncy balls from the pinata. You can probably find party packs that have balls big enough to not be choking hazards at a party store. unfortunately most pinata stuffers are bag o crap items. But some favorites around my house are animal figures, toy lizards or bugs, little matchbox type cars, gum, and standard candy. At Boo's firehouse party in January we had little firemen figurines that were popular and Boo still uses them with the fire trucks he has.

Eta the party store near us had a huge range of pinatas including Cars ones. Check your local stores that have pinatad. But I got Boos firetruck pinata from birthdayexpress.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TwoBees
05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
What about the tiny containers of Play-Doh?

ETA: Also pencils, fun erasers (if you can find the bigger ones), finger puppets, temporary tattoos,

Oriental Trading has a Cars pinata.

nrp
05-02-2013, 03:07 PM
thanks! any idea where to get these?

We have a giant party warehouse that carries them - I bet oriental trading would, too.

elbenn
05-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Those pop up toys (that have suction cups and springs) are big hits. You can get them at Oriental Trading.

citymama
05-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks like I need a free ship code for Oriental trading! Thanks!

ETA They have one on their website - woo hoo!

Umm, party is in 9 days. Not sure I have enough time to order!