PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy will price match Amazon

jam224
05-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere and thought this was worth sharing. As of March 3rd, Best Buy will price match Amazon and many other online retailers. Here are the details:

If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.comĀ®.
And here is the link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment-Pricing/Best-Buy-Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

Also worth noting, however, Best Buy shrank its return window from 30 days to 15 days: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Returning-Online-Purchases/pcmcat260800050014.c?id=pcmcat260800050014

wellyes
05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Newegg is another one with frequent great electronic prices - I see them on slickdeals all the time. Newegg has great prices on printers, tvs, tablets, games.

Having said that, I think Best Buy is a really miserable place and I don't know why anyone would ever set foot in it! Unless they are really really scared of online shopping.

mommylamb
05-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I had a really bad experience with Best Buy recently, and I won't ever buy from them again, price match or not.

I had ordered an ipad 3rd gen from them in late November. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for the whole family. It was supposed to arrive no later than December 3, so it was on the early side. Well, no ipad arrives. And, in looking at UPS it was clear that Best Buy had not even shipped it out. I called them and they gave me the run around saying someone was going to call me back every day for a week (when no one would call me back, I would call back and talk to customer service). I finally found out that they had run out of 3rd generation ipads, and that they couldn't guarantee that they would have it for me by Christmas. So I told them I wanted to cancel the order, which should have been simple, since they hadn't sent me anything. They refused to cancel the order, and said it was impossible to do so. So, American Express dealt with them and I bought it from another seller.

hillview
05-03-2013, 09:32 AM
I had a really bad experience with Best Buy recently, and I won't ever buy from them again, price match or not.

I had ordered an ipad 3rd gen from them in late November. It was supposed to be a Christmas gift for the whole family. It was supposed to arrive no later than December 3, so it was on the early side. Well, no ipad arrives. And, in looking at UPS it was clear that Best Buy had not even shipped it out. I called them and they gave me the run around saying someone was going to call me back every day for a week (when no one would call me back, I would call back and talk to customer service). I finally found out that they had run out of 3rd generation ipads, and that they couldn't guarantee that they would have it for me by Christmas. So I told them I wanted to cancel the order, which should have been simple, since they hadn't sent me anything. They refused to cancel the order, and said it was impossible to do so. So, American Express dealt with them and I bought it from another seller.
:thumbsdown::hopmad::banghead::angry-smiley-005::47:

jam224
05-03-2013, 09:44 AM
I really try to avoid purchasing anything from Best Buy as well, ladies. I'm with ya there! But I got a gift card for them for my birthday last month and well, if I have a gift card, it's good info to know that they PM Amazon at least! :tongue5:

elektra
05-03-2013, 09:48 AM
I really try to avoid purchasing anything from Best Buy as well, ladies. I'm with ya there! But I got a gift card for them for my birthday last month and well, if I have a gift card, it's good info to know that they PM Amazon at least! :tongue5:

I hate Best Buy! I also try to avoid it at all costs. I had to help my dad through a nightmare billing situation, not unlike mommylamb's. They kept billing him for products/services never rendered!!! Took 30 + calls to resolve it. It's all I heard about for MONTHS. But this is a good point! Great info if you have a gift card.