PDA

View Full Version : Unhealthy me! Completely forgot about a tampon

elektra
05-03-2013, 06:41 PM
I thought I felt like my period was starting and I put in a tampon yesterday. I completely forgot I did that until just now! It has been over 24-hours.
Has anyone ever done this? I don't think I have any toxic shock symptoms so I should be totally fine, right?
I am such a knucklehead. My period has not even started.

hillview
05-03-2013, 06:45 PM
I have :bag. It was fine.

Still-in-Shock
05-03-2013, 06:49 PM
You are definitely not the first to do this, and you should be OK. Some women :duh: have been known to place a second tampon without removing the first, with no ensuing health problems.

lalasmama
05-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Pretty common! I've done it before, more than once, at the end of my period. Watch out for potential BV signs (which I believe is more common to happen when tampons are left in at the end of the period). Otherwise, no harm, no foul!

Melaine
05-03-2013, 07:38 PM
I think it's surprising this doesn't happen more often...yet another reason to love the Diva Cup!

mommylamb
05-03-2013, 08:36 PM
I know someone who got toxic shock, but the tampon that caused it had somehow gotten lodged up there and she didn't know how long it had been in when she started getting symptoms and then found it. Like, I think it had been weeks. Ick. :barf: you're probably fine. But I agree with Melaine that this is a good reason to get a diva.

wendibird22
05-03-2013, 08:46 PM
My hairdresser did both...insert a second one AND forget it was in there. A day or two later she started having pelvic pain and went to the doctor who found both there. She was mortified but fine health wise.

georgiegirl
05-03-2013, 09:20 PM
One of my best friends in college did Something similar. She had just started using tampons and was practicing. A week or two later she started to smell funky down there. She went to the student health center and they fished out part of the cardboard applicator.