PDA

View Full Version : G-Luxe or B-Agile?

PZMommy
05-04-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm looking for a stroller for my almost 4 yr old for Disneyland. I've narrowed it down to a G Luxe of a B Agile. For the most part this would be a one time use stroller as my son prefers to walk. I'm leaning towards the G Luxe, but only because my DS 2 could most likely use it in the future. My DS2 has a variety of health issues, one of which is low tone, and he is unable to sit in a B Agile, City Mini, etc because the seat does not offer enough support for him. I will be bringing my Vista for my DS2. I was thinking I could always fold up and set the G Luxe in the basket if my DS1 decides he wants to walk. However, I'm not a big fan of umbrella strollers, so I am second guessing my decision to get one for Disneyland. My DH would most likely be pushing the G Luxe, and he wouldn't really have a clue about push, etc if that makes a difference.

khughes
05-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Have you thought about renting one instead of buying just in case?

Sani's Mom
05-04-2013, 10:23 AM
Agree with the suggestion to rent. It is insanely cheap...like $5.00/day plus $25.00 for delivery or free to pickup. I used babies r us travel rentals.

PZMommy
05-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Do they rent at Disneyland? I only live less than an hour away, so not sure where they would deliver the stroller to???

Kissmark
05-04-2013, 12:27 PM
Do they rent at Disneyland? I only live less than an hour away, so not sure where they would deliver the stroller to???

Disney itself also has rental but I heard the strollers are pretty crappy. You probably can just do a pick up if you live too far for delivery.

PZMommy
05-05-2013, 07:57 PM
DH says no to renting. His thought is we need an all terrain stroller, so I should get one of those, and then we can use that for DS1 at Disney.

crl
05-05-2013, 08:59 PM
DH says no to renting. His thought is we need an all terrain stroller, so I should get one of those, and then we can use that for DS1 at Disney.

Indie? Upright, supportive seat and awesome canopy. Fairly lightweight for an AT stroller. Good sized and easily accessible basket too. And adjustable height handle if you and dh are different heights.

Catherine

PZMommy
05-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Indie? Upright, supportive seat and awesome canopy. Fairly lightweight for an AT stroller. Good sized and easily accessible basket too. And adjustable height handle if you and dh are different heights.

Catherine

I looked at it at BBB today and wasn't impressed. Of the ones we tried we liked the City Elite the best. A lot of people really like the Indie, so I will have to give it another look. My dS1 was too tall for all of the BOBs, so they are out. We don't jog, so we don't need a true jogger per se, just something good on a variety of terrains.

crl
05-05-2013, 10:28 PM
I looked at it at BBB today and wasn't impressed. Of the ones we tried we liked the City Elite the best. A lot of people really like the Indie, so I will have to give it another look. My dS1 was too tall for all of the BOBs, so they are out. We don't jog, so we don't need a true jogger per se, just something good on a variety of terrains.

What did you not like about the Indie? Maybe someone will have a suggestion based on that? The main criticism I have seen of the indies is that they don't seem as sturdy as some of the other AT strollers. . . . Never had any problems with mine though and loved it.

Catherine

PZMommy
05-05-2013, 11:27 PM
What did you not like about the Indie? Maybe someone will have a suggestion based on that? The main criticism I have seen of the indies is that they don't seem as sturdy as some of the other AT strollers. . . . Never had any problems with mine though and loved it.

Catherine

Nothing too specific, I just didn't like it. I think that may have been another one where my DS1 didn't seem to fit very well in it. Mostly my DS 2 will be the rider, but I do want my oldest to fit in it as well. I loved the aqua blue color of it, but not enough to go with it. Also it is slightly more than what I would like to spend, but I'm pretty flexible on that aspect. lol My youngest goes to see his neurologist on Tuesday and the office is a few blocks from BBB, so I am going to go back and look some more when I don't have my oldest with me.