PDA

View Full Version : Please help--- I can't get diva cup to unfold

babyonway
05-04-2013, 11:23 AM
I have literally been trying for close to 45 minutes! I am frustrated and exhausted I don't have any tampons as a back up! I have trouble all the time but it has never taken this long to finally he it right! Any tips? It is in now but I know I don't have a goo seal and there is a bend in it that I can't get out. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

keliahmom
05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Sometimes it helps to twist it around while it's inserted -- I think maybe it breaks the seal a bit so the cup can pop open. If that doesn't work, usually I take it out and insert it again, then twist again if needed.

HTH!

Kymberley
05-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Are the little holes around the rim clear? Sometimes if they are clogged I also have a hard time getting it to unfold.

Melaine
05-04-2013, 12:06 PM
I agree with others. I also find once every few months I will have a day or two when I just can't get it to fit well. I chalk it up to cervical position and just go with pads and try again later.

indigo99
05-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I never could get the diva to work for me. I have a SiBell now, and it's much softer so it doesn't "pop" open, but I have a much easier time getting it to work.

AngelaS
05-04-2013, 12:59 PM
Try changing the position you're trying to insert it in. If you're sitting on the toilet to do it, try standing with one foot on the toilet instead.

wencit
05-04-2013, 01:37 PM
Sometimes it helps to twist it around while it's inserted:yeahthat:

This was key for me in learning how to insert the Diva without it ever leaking. I have to make sure it twirls easily, otherwise I know it will leak, without a doubt. If it doesn't twirl, I remove it just a little bit, twist it until it does rotate freely, then insert it the rest of the way.

babyonway
05-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Thank u all for ur help today ladies! I tired it all and nothing worked :( I was desperate and went out and bought some tampons! Boo!

I wires one for about 5 hours then tries the diva again and this time it unfolded. I was beyond mad and frustrated because I literally spent about an hour and 15 minutes with the stupid cup today!

All is well now and thx for ur help. Next time if it doesn't work after 3 tries I am just gonna use a tampon (since I have them now hee hee)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

DietCokeLover
05-05-2013, 07:18 AM
TMI alert......

If you are having difficulty getting it to open up, make sure your bowels are empty as well. I have noticed that if there is anything in that area that has not left the body yet, it can interfere with the shape of that area and affect the proper opening of the diva.