PDA

View Full Version : Should I Sell My Bee??

PZMommy
05-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm considering selling my Bee, but I'm afraid I may regret it. Now that my son is facing out, I really miss not having a peekaboo window. Also the basket is pretty much a deal breaker. I hate having to try and fit things into the basket from the front. When he was parent facing this wasn't as much of a deal breaker. I find myself using my Vista more than my Bee. Maybe I just prefer bigger strollers??

What should I do?? My Bee is only about 4 months old, so I have no idea how much I could even get for it. :(

ebp913
05-06-2013, 12:37 AM
If its a Bee+ I'd say you could 375-450 probably depending on your location. Do you have a reason to keep the Bee for errands? If you don't love it I'd just get something super light like a Gluxe as a compliment to your Vista. My dd is 18 months and she wants to face out now but I think she might like to turn around at some point when she can talk more so that something to think about. Maybe you should just sell both and get the Versa!

PZMommy
05-06-2013, 01:06 AM
I am in the Los Angeles area.

I had the Versa and no way will I get it again. I had an original one and BJ kept telling me it was fine. after two months of going back and forth they finally took it back only to issue a recall the next day. This was after a month of them telling me there would not be a recall. Hopefully they fixed the issue with the stroller, but no way am I trying it again! lol

I don't want to sell my Vista, as we plan to have another baby at some point. I tried the G Luxe today, and my DS can't sit in it. He has low tone and it really limits what strollers he can sit in comfortably. Amazingly he does okay in the Bee. He does okay in it, but I'm just not sure I love it. The vista we both love, so that is a keeper. I'm finding that I may not need a light weight stroller like I thought I did. I'm finding that comfort for him and storage for me are more important that weight. lol

I think I may try going a month without using my Bee. If I don't miss it, then I know I can sell it. DH thinks I have too many strollers, so his vote is to sell it. lol

mom3boys
05-06-2013, 09:12 AM
I sold my 2010 Bee+ for $375 in the NYC area (in January). I think you could probably get a little more for yours since its newer.

I sold it mostly because I need the $$ and I knew it would go for the most of all my strollers. Also, I think I really am just a "big stroller" person. I have a Mac Ryder I keep in my trunk and use occasionally, and that's what I travel with when we fly (don't use strollers much at the destination). But otherwise I have a Bob, a Teutonia, and a Valco Quad all of which I prefer to the Bee for outside walks (all have better canopy, Teutonia seat can face either way, and Bob and Teutonia have a great push. Quad is a good mid-size stroller with a smallish fold).

Also since I moved to the suburbs the parking is so much easier I'm not using a stroller in and out of the car so much. That's where I used to have my Bee (because it used to be--find parking several blocks from where you need to be, walk those blocks with the stroller, walk back, put in car. Now its--park in the parking lot right next to the store, may not need any stroller)

Anyway sometimes I regret selling it, but I can count the times I would have used it in the past few months on 1 hand. My DS is nearly 2 and has no desire to face me right now--I suppose if he changes over then maybe I will wish I had it again, so I have a reversible for inside/in the car, but right now it's not an issue.

Honestly if you are not loving it I would sell it.

georgiegirl
05-06-2013, 09:57 AM
You should be able to sell it for about $450 in that area. I was actually looking on the so. Cal. Craigslist for bees in the past month (my family is there and I'm visiting next month.). While where are tons of frogs and cams, there weren't many bees listed, especially bee +.

ebp913
05-06-2013, 10:51 AM
You should be able to sell it for about $450 in that area. I was actually looking on the so. Cal. Craigslist for bees in the past month (my family is there and I'm visiting next month.). While where are tons of frogs and cams, there weren't many bees listed, especially bee +.

Yea I have looked in the LA area for one as well because I also have family there and there are not a lot available so I bet you can get a good price for it!

PZMommy
05-07-2013, 12:32 AM
I'm leaning more and more towards selling it. I will probably wait until I am off for the summer in a few weeks. That should give me enough time to make sure I am okay without it.

I do use a stroller in every store, as my son can't sit in a shopping cart safely. I push the stroller with one hand and pull the shopping cart with the other.

ebp913
05-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I'm leaning more and more towards selling it. I will probably wait until I am off for the summer in a few weeks. That should give me enough time to make sure I am okay without it.

I do use a stroller in every store, as my son can't sit in a shopping cart safely. I push the stroller with one hand and pull the shopping cart with the other.

In your case, I think you could probably get by with just your Vista. I love the Vista for shopping. I can fit an ungodly amount of groceries in that basket!

mom3boys
05-08-2013, 11:16 PM
In your case, I think you could probably get by with just your Vista. I love the Vista for shopping. I can fit an ungodly amount of groceries in that basket!

I used to grocery shop with my Vista all the time. Although the best shopping space ever was the empty back seat of an MB +One.

PZMommy
05-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I bit the bullet and just listed it for $450. All my gracos and baby trends have sold in a day. Not sure how long it will take to sell this one.

moll73
05-10-2013, 12:48 AM
I bit the bullet and just listed it for $450. All my gracos and baby trends have sold in a day. Not sure how long it will take to sell this one.

You go!! Hope it sells quickly before you change your mind!:wink2:

apen3
05-10-2013, 10:13 AM
So this doesn't help your dilemma at all.... But I was wondering how the vista does compared to the bee on sidewalk walking (bumps/cracks/curbs) and since you have experince with both I'd love to know your opinion!

Also, I think selling it now is a better plan than hanging onto it "just in case". If you end up so beyond desperate for a bee you can likely find another for $450 on CL in the LA area without too much watching and waiting. I also can't imagine it will take too long for yours to get snatched up either!

PZMommy
05-10-2013, 02:08 PM
So this doesn't help your dilemma at all.... But I was wondering how the vista does compared to the bee on sidewalk walking (bumps/cracks/curbs) and since you have experince with both I'd love to know your opinion!

Also, I think selling it now is a better plan than hanging onto it "just in case". If you end up so beyond desperate for a bee you can likely find another for $450 on CL in the LA area without too much watching and waiting. I also can't imagine it will take too long for yours to get snatched up either!

I think the Vista handles very nicely on the sidewalk. It goes right over bumps and cracks. My Bee gets stuck on sidewalk cracks.

I just had a lady call and arrange to come see the Bee tonight.

PZMommy
05-10-2013, 09:16 PM
I sold it for $425 cash. It was a nice lady buying it for her daughter and grandson. I'm glad to have it go so quickly.

Now I can buy an all terrain stroller since I plan to use my vista as a car stroller.

moll73
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
I sold it for $425 cash. It was a nice lady buying it for her daughter and grandson. I'm glad to have it go so quickly.

Now I can buy an all terrain stroller since I plan to use my vista as a car stroller.

Wow, that's fantastic that you got almost what you hoped and so quick! How do you feel??