PDA

View Full Version : Stroller overkill?

mell4556
05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
Would it be overkill if I had a Bee+, BJCMGT, and purchased a Vista? Why am I so obsessed with the Vista??? There's one Craigslist that I want in the color I want but do I really need it? Ugh I'm stroller obsessed :(

Annyeb
05-06-2013, 09:19 PM
Probably! But I have a MB Urban Double, P&T Explorer, Valco Snap 4, Uppababy Gluxe, Quinny Zap (selling) and an old Mac Volo (also selling). Even without the ones I'm selling, it's still excessive.

mell4556
05-06-2013, 10:35 PM
I just really want a Vista just cause lol! But I'll feel terrible of I don't end up using it as much.

KLD313
05-06-2013, 10:57 PM
I have like eight strollers and almost bought another one yesterday. No, I don't think it's overkill even though it probably is. Lol.

gatorsmom
05-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Is there such a thing as stroller overkill? :rotflmao: if you are coming here to find support for your stroller habit, you've come to the right place. :hug5:

moll73
05-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Never!! I'd go ahead and get the Vista. Try it out and get it out of your system, then depending what you think of it, sell it or one of your other strollers. Of course, if you are anything like me or others on this board, you might decide to hoard them all!:wink2:

mell4556
05-07-2013, 10:44 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking! I just need to get it out of my system lol! I could always resell it right? My little man just turned 3 months old so I feel I could really enjoy the Vista with him. And it's not like I would be buying it brand new. Don't you love how I try to reason with myself :)

ebp913
05-07-2013, 10:54 AM
That's exactly what I was thinking! I just need to get it out of my system lol! I could always resell it right? My little man just turned 3 months old so I feel I could really enjoy the Vista with him. And it's not like I would be buying it brand new. Don't you love how I try to reason with myself :)

I think at that age, you would enjoy the Vista and the perk of buying used is that you can probably resell in a year or so with very little loss. Sure it is kinda overkill but whatever! I think the Vista is best suited for birth to 18 months then you can sell and use your GT and Bee primarily.

mell4556
05-07-2013, 11:25 AM
Ok I'm going to see what the hubby says :)

Still-in-Shock
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
No matter how many strollers you buy, you will never have as many as strollerqueen! Think of yourself as being restrained, not obsessed.

Heck, I have 3 strollers and our child isn't even here yet! (Full disclosure: we have an emergency umbrella stroller from 5 years ago that's not for an infant, we were given a Contours double that is VERY big and VERY hard to maneuver, and we just got the frame stroller for our carseat.)

moll73
05-07-2013, 11:50 AM

At his age, you definitely need it! One of the many reasons I keep having babies (I have 4) is b/c I love all the products. This is really such a short time in their lives, so you might as well go ahead and enjoy it and all it entails! Hope your hubby says yes. What color is it?

mell4556
05-07-2013, 11:59 AM
That's exactly what I keep telling my husband. I want to enjoy this time with the baby to the fullest. It's the Cole blue color. I love how you girls never make me feel crazy :)

mell4556
05-10-2013, 04:53 PM
How does the Vista stack up to the Versa? I'm starting to see a lot of positive reviews of the Versa. Also, should I keep my BJCMGT? I definitely want to keep my BEE. If I get a Vista or possibly a Versa do I really need the GT?

ebp913
05-10-2013, 05:28 PM
How does the Vista stack up to the Versa? I'm starting to see a lot of positive reviews of the Versa. Also, should I keep my BJCMGT? I definitely want to keep my BEE. If I get a Vista or possibly a Versa do I really need the GT?

You could probably sell the GT and get the Versa and skip the Vista. Though it seems kind of redundant to have a Versa and Bee. The Versa does sit lower to the ground so if that is important to you, you may want the Vista.

Philly Mom
05-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I think the versa is duplicative of the bee. They are the same genre and I think the bee push is a bit better. I have heard the bee push is much better than the vista.

mell4556
05-10-2013, 06:20 PM
The GT is a nice stroller I'm just not in love with it. Maybe the Versa can be our outdoors stroller? We don't need an AT. It would most likely be for the park, zoo... that sort of thing. We live in the suburbs with nice sidewalks. Last time I played with the Versa there was something holding me back from buying it. I should give it another chance. I didn't like the Bee at first and now I love it. I adore the Vista but its definitely best for little ones.

mell4556
05-12-2013, 07:36 AM
Went to check out strollers again and I loved the Versa. Not sure why I didn't like it as much as the Vista before. Maybe I just had my mind set on the Vista back then. Now that the baby is actually here I know what my needs are and what I'm comfortable him in. I've had him in the Bee with the car seat adapter so far so the Vista did feel huge when I tried him in it. Still loved the stroller but felt it would get too big too soon. I liked the higher seat but felt it was a luxury for a smaller lighter child. The Vista has an amazing hood but I think the positives of the Versa outweigh the positives of the Vista for us. I think the Versa is a good stroller to start out our little man in. So I have lined up to buy an all black Versa off of our Craigslist for $250 with a bumper bar included. I think that's a decent deal. She said baby jogger sent her a new frame and its basically brand new only use a few times. She ended up getting a select instead I guess needed a double. I hope I can sell my GT to balance out the purchase :)

PZMommy
05-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Went to check out strollers again and I loved the Versa. Not sure why I didn't like it as much as the Vista before. Maybe I just had my mind set on the Vista back then. Now that the baby is actually here I know what my needs are and what I'm comfortable him in. I've had him in the Bee with the car seat adapter so far so the Vista did feel huge when I tried him in it. Still loved the stroller but felt it would get too big too soon. I liked the higher seat but felt it was a luxury for a smaller lighter child. The Vista has an amazing hood but I think the positives of the Versa outweigh the positives of the Vista for us. I think the Versa is a good stroller to start out our little man in. So I have lined up to buy an all black Versa off of our Craigslist for $250 with a bumper bar included. I think that's a decent deal. She said baby jogger sent her a new frame and its basically brand new only use a few times. She ended up getting a select instead I guess needed a double. I hope I can sell my GT to balance out the purchase :)

Make sure to open and close it parent facing a few times before buying it, because a new frame did not fix the problem for me. If it sticks at all opening and closing, I would pass on it. BJ finally offered me a whole new stroller or a refund for mine.

mell4556
05-12-2013, 11:11 AM
Ok I will make sure to really mess with it before I buy it. If it doesn't waiting out I have an opportunity to order a new one with my husbands discount. So excited!!!

kaharris83
05-12-2013, 11:25 AM
The DOM for my frame is September and it is the post-recall frame. I only use the stroller parent facing and haven't had a problem. So if the frame is from September or later hopefully it will be fine. Look at the way it is designed to close before trying to close it. I was trying to yank the pull part in a way that was counter-intuitive to the design but felt natural when pulling. It isn't made to be pulled straight up. My DH had to show me how to pull and it has been closing just fine. But like I said at first it felt weird to pull at the angle it is designed to be pulled. Now it is second nature and I can do it one handed while holding the baby.

mell4556
05-12-2013, 12:06 PM
I've had practice closing it at the store so I should be able to see if its folding properly. Thank you for the DOM date. That's a great way to tell if the frame is post-recall. I really hope this works out if not I will buy new. I really love this stroller.

mell4556
05-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Ok so the seller says the DOM on the frame is 10-10-2012. I'm going to check it out Wednesday.

AnnieW625
05-13-2013, 02:24 PM
I had 5 strollers at one time (a Maclaren Techno XLR, a Maclaren Triumph, a Bob Duallie, an Uppa Baby Vista, and a Dreamer Design single jogger). That was too much IMHO. I sold the Dreamer Design jogger first, then the Vista, and then the Duallie. When I sold the Duallie I bought a Bob Rev. single. Now I have the Bob Rev. single, and the two Maclarens. Perfect for me now with a 3 yr. old who only needs a stroller for theme parks, the mall, and long walks, but with a newborn variety was awesome. I sold the Vista when she was 15 months old (I had bought it used off CL when DD1 was 2). With DD1 we were a two stroller family until she was 2 yrs. old (initially the Maclaren Triumph (got when she was 3 mos. old, it replaced an old Peg Perego Pliko), and the Dreamer Design single jogger) and I got a jonesing for a Vista (and I thought we were going to be having baby 2). The Vista got a ton of use with DD1 from the time she was 2 until she was 4.

One thing to think about with the Vista is make sure it is a pretty new model. Hopefully you should be fine with that DOM. The 2007-2010 models had some wheel issues. Mine was a 2007 and had uneven wheel wear.

mell4556
05-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Bought the Versa on Craigslist yesterday and absolutely love it!!! It looks brand new except a little wear on the tires. The lady I bought it from bought my GT. She wanted to upgrade her City Mini so it worked out perfect. The Versa frame was new and still had the protective plastic over the logo. I tried my little man in it last night and he loved it. Honestly do I really need to wait six months for him to use it? I had him in it with a snuzzler and it was perfect in my opinion. He's going on four months. The weight and sturdiness felt great. I've been pushing a Bee with the car seat adapter so I really felt the difference.

Still-in-Shock
05-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Will your car seat adapter work with the Versa?

I was all set to get a Snap, but I am now ready to get a Versa. Except that by the time the baby shows up and is ready for a real stroller, there may be something else I want!

ebp913
05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Bought the Versa on Craigslist yesterday and absolutely love it!!! It looks brand new except a little wear on the tires. The lady I bought it from bought my GT. She wanted to upgrade her City Mini so it worked out perfect. The Versa frame was new and still had the protective plastic over the logo. I tried my little man in it last night and he loved it. Honestly do I really need to wait six months for him to use it? I had him in it with a snuzzler and it was perfect in my opinion. He's going on four months. The weight and sturdiness felt great. I've been pushing a Bee with the car seat adapter so I really felt the difference.

Personally I think the age limits on strollers are really just liability for companies so that not smart parents don't misuse them. I would be fine with a 4 month old at a slight recline with a snuzzler. Another idea I heard that I thought was good too is putting a rolled up blanket in the crook of the seat so that the baby can lay flatter. That said, I would still be fine with using just the seat and snuzzle.

kaharris83
05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
I've been using my Versa with DS2 in it since I got it in February. With no snuzzler. He was almost 3 months old. No problem. Glad you love it!! It's my favoritest stroller I've owned so far. :)

hollissmama
05-16-2013, 04:02 PM
That's great she bought your GT. I just realized ours had the clear stickers over the name plate. We've had it a month almost. It is my favorite stroller I've had too. I think it's perfect for almost any age. My three old fits in it great. I think I'm going to try the b-ready bassinet on it with the carseat adapters for our newbie in a month.

mell4556
05-16-2013, 04:10 PM
I was sad to let the GT go but I really think the Versa will fill all our needs and my Bee is waiting for him as well :) I'm glad I found it in great condition used becauae I know when something new pops up I can't live without I can justify the new purchase to my hubby :)

moll73
05-16-2013, 05:33 PM

:boogie: Yay so glad you love it, got a great deal, AND sold your GT to the same person, how perfect! My baby was 2 months (with good head control) when we got the Versa and I loved the position of the seat and she had no problems sitting in it even w/o a snuzzler. I liked that the slight recline gives her ability to see around her, and with the foot rest up, it makes it cozy and kind of like a bassinet. I feel like the strap covers help keep her head up too. On a few occasions, I have just placed the car seat on top of the Versa seat when it's in reclined position and foot rest up and it fits almost perfectly and snuggly! Prior to 6 months, seems like the most ideal time for that face to face time too!!

mell4556
05-16-2013, 07:10 PM
He loves the recline of the seat. It's like the recline of our bouncer and he loves that thing. I don't think we would like laying flat. We took him for a walk last night after his bath and he fell right asleep :) I'm very happy with my choice over the Vista.

moll73
05-16-2013, 08:33 PM
He loves the recline of the seat. It's like the recline of our bouncer and he loves that thing. I don't think we would like laying flat. We took him for a walk last night after his bath and he fell right asleep :) I'm very happy with my choice over the Vista.

Great description that it's the the recline on a bouncer. That's so great that you all are loving it so much! Did he stay a asleep when you got home??

mell4556
05-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Yes he stayed asleep. I let him continue sleeping in there for moment before I got him into bed :)

KonzaPrairie
06-21-2013, 09:44 PM
:boogie: Yay so glad you love it, got a great deal, AND sold your GT to the same person, how perfect! My baby was 2 months (with good head control) when we got the Versa and I loved the position of the seat and she had no problems sitting in it even w/o a snuzzler. I liked that the slight recline gives her ability to see around her, and with the foot rest up, it makes it cozy and kind of like a bassinet. I feel like the strap covers help keep her head up too. On a few occasions, I have just placed the car seat on top of the Versa seat when it's in reclined position and foot rest up and it fits almost perfectly and snuggly! Prior to 6 months, seems like the most ideal time for that face to face time too!!

moll73, just wondering what car seat you have? My Chicco is in storage but if it fits well in the seat that would save me $60! (Does anyone else think it's a tad ridiculous baby jogger charges $60 for a carseat adaptor...) Also i really like the idea of not having to remove the seat when you use it with a carseat.

moll73
06-24-2013, 01:58 PM
moll73, just wondering what car seat you have? My Chicco is in storage but if it fits well in the seat that would save me $60! (Does anyone else think it's a tad ridiculous baby jogger charges $60 for a carseat adaptor...) Also i really like the idea of not having to remove the seat when you use it with a carseat.

Hi, it's a Graco Snugride 22. I agree, it's crazy how much they cost. I feel like the car seat is actually safer and more snug fitting in the seat of the Versa. For my last DS, I used the adaptor on the CM and hated it. It actually fell off once, but I caught it (user error, but still). Hope yours fits, it is so much cheaper and easier!