PDA

View Full Version : Best Highchair | BBB

LBS
05-07-2013, 09:41 PM
Hi!

First time poster and excited to hear your feedback. I have a 3 W.O. and we have a party coming up soon. Since we already have a registry and BBB, it was easiest for us to add the things we hoped to get for now and some time into the future.

Can you recommend a moderately-priced high chair @ BBB? I know the Fisher-Price Healthy Care, which we were considering, has received accolades, but they don't carry it.

Thanks!
LBS

Momit
05-07-2013, 09:45 PM
It seems expensive at first, but I would get the Stokke Tripp Trapp. Your child can still be using it at age 6+ (but you do need the Baby Set to start out with). It's attractive and so, so functional. I kick myself all the time that I didn't get one until DS was almost 3.

If the sticker price of a new one is too much, start checking Craigslist now and you will probably find a used one for <$100 by the time you need it.

TwoBees
05-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Hi!

First time poster and excited to hear your feedback. I have a 3 W.O. and we have a party coming up soon. Since we already have a registry and BBB, it was easiest for us to add the things we hoped to get for now and some time into the future.

Can you recommend a moderately-priced high chair @ BBB? I know the Fisher-Price Healthy Care, which we were considering, has received accolades, but they don't carry it.

Thanks!
LBS

Do you mean the Fisher-Price Space Saver high chair? Because the Healthy Care is a booster and cannot be used for a child that young. BBB carries several styles of both:
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=18643065&RN=7041&
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=18642832&RN=7042&

If you are looking for a regular free-standing high chair, I recommend looking for something with fewer frills that is really easy to clean (eg, not cloth or leather-like seat, few crevices). We have a Keekaroo Height-Right chair now (similar to the Stokke), but I would not have used that with an infant because it does not recline at all and does not have upper back support. The Stokke baby set might be different.

georgiegirl
05-08-2013, 09:22 AM
We love our Stokke Tripp Trapps! I've never used it for an infant though, but I plan to with this one. It's not for young infants, since they need to know how to sit up on their own first. However, babies aren't really ready for solids until they can sit up on their own anyway. The Tripp Trapp is awesome for toddlers and preschoolers. It looks like a real chair and not a high chair. DD used it until she turned 7 and decided she was too old for it.

AnnieW625
05-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I have a Tripp Trapp, but I think the biggest downside is that it doesn't come with a tray. I bought it when DD1 was 2/1/2 and pretty much past the messy food stage. I tried it with DD2 when she was about 12 months old and she made too much of a mess for me. If it came with a tray it would be perfect.

I would look at the Svan chair as well, which is about the same price a TT, but comes with a tray). I think they would have them at BBB.

(just noticed this post was 5 days old)

jam224
05-14-2013, 05:49 PM
I have a Tripp Trapp, but I think the biggest downside is that it doesn't come with a tray. I bought it when DD1 was 2/1/2 and pretty much past the messy food stage. I tried it with DD2 when she was about 12 months old and she made too much of a mess for me. If it came with a tray it would be perfect.

:yeahthat: Exactly. I just bought a Tripp Trapp second-hand off of CL (DD just turned 2), but we started out with the Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster and it was so, so nice to have the tray. I'd get the 2nd one the PP linked -- this one:
http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?SKU=18642832&RN=7042&

As a bonus, the FP booster was super easy to travel with, when we would visit local relatives. :thumbsup:

Melaine
05-14-2013, 06:25 PM
Stokke now makes a tray for the Tripp Trapp....I really like it for DS and it certainly gets my vote since my 6.5 year olds are still using their TTs as well.

teresah00
05-14-2013, 08:07 PM
We have 2 Tripp trapps here. My 5yo just have his to my 9m old. I hate the huge bulky high chair I have in my sining room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darren72
07-27-2013, 06:51 PM
How does the oxo compare to the stokke?