PDA

View Full Version : Having the new stroller itch again...lightweight suggestions?

Kaylee31
05-07-2013, 10:34 PM
I thought I had finally reached satisfaction with my Versa, and haven't wanted anything new for a couple of months...which is rare for me! ;)
But now I'm wanting something light (15 lbs. or less) with a super small fold, some recline, and not tippy. I have an Avio, which is my smallest stroller, and I think it's all kinds of awesome but it's still 20 lbs. and the fold is compact & narrow but deep. No way would I keep that & the Versa both in my car. I'm not a big umbrella fan, so I'm thinking the Snap is probably my best option but judging by photos, the fold doesn't seem that much smaller than the Versa, but that could be deceiving. Any other ideas?

hollissmama
05-07-2013, 11:43 PM
A snap! To compare it to the versa for me. :) see if its different enough to be worth it.
I really want one but am holding out to see if I need a snap dual once this baby comes.
I commend your couple month long stash satisfaction too.

Kissmark
05-08-2013, 03:23 AM
The Snap folds in half but the width doesn't change unlike an umbrella stroller, so it ends up being a squarish shape. It's not a sure compact fold like say a Quincy Zapp, but still it's much smaller than my Vista. I have the Snap 3 and I do find it tippy at times though, especially when I lift the back two wheels up to go over a curb or something and all the weight is on the single front wheel. But I think this will not be a problem with the Snap 4

moll73
05-08-2013, 10:09 AM
A snap! To compare it to the versa for me. :) see if its different enough to be worth it.
I really want one but am holding out to see if I need a snap dual once this baby comes.
I commend your couple month long stash satisfaction too.

Did you see my pictures and what I like better b/t the Versa and the Snap 4? Versa wins with everything, but weight and sun coverage (b/c it's not great in reclined position) and Snap wins with sun coverage and weight. If the reversible feature is not important, then I think the Snap would be a great all around stroller (or at least light weight stroller). For now, I'm keeping both (baby just turned 5 months), but if I find I no longer use the reversible feature as she gets older, then I can see keeping the Snap over the Versa. I do need to still give the Snap 4 a proper test drive out side though. It will be hard to beat the push on the Versa, I think it's really smooth and handles a variety of surfaces well.

moll73
05-08-2013, 10:13 AM
I thought I had finally reached satisfaction with my Versa, and haven't wanted anything new for a couple of months...which is rare for me! ;)
But now I'm wanting something light (15 lbs. or less) with a super small fold, some recline, and not tippy. I have an Avio, which is my smallest stroller, and I think it's all kinds of awesome but it's still 20 lbs. and the fold is compact & narrow but deep. No way would I keep that & the Versa both in my car. I'm not a big umbrella fan, so I'm thinking the Snap is probably my best option but judging by photos, the fold doesn't seem that much smaller than the Versa, but that could be deceiving. Any other ideas?

I can get some pictures of them both folded if you want. I think the fold is slightly shorter on the Snap 4 and I think b/c it's so light it would be easier to maneuver in car. It's really just the wheels that seem to stick out more than the Versa.

Mercuria
05-08-2013, 10:45 AM
I can get some pictures of them both folded if you want. I think the fold is slightly shorter on the Snap 4 and I think b/c it's so light it would be easier to maneuver in car. It's really just the wheels that seem to stick out more than the Versa.

I wish the front wheels didn't stick out so much when folded. I'd pop off the rear wheels without hesitation. The front wheels are also easy to remove, but the posts on the front wheels are greased, so I wouldn't want them floating around the trunk of my car all the time. Without the wheels, it folds SO flat.

bhnapa
05-08-2013, 11:13 AM
The Snap folds in half but the width doesn't change unlike an umbrella stroller, so it ends up being a squarish shape. It's not a sure compact fold like say a Quincy Zapp, but still it's much smaller than my Vista. I have the Snap 3 and I do find it tippy at times though, especially when I lift the back two wheels up to go over a curb or something and all the weight is on the single front wheel. But I think this will not be a problem with the Snap 4

HI Kissmark. That is interesting to hear you find it tippy. We will get our Snap tomorrow and will compare it to the Snap 4 we got. Have to find a way to check the "tippy" factor as well inside the house since that was one of my concerns!

SO far i really like the Snap 4, only question for me really is on the handling vs a 3. Had a hard time with the harness clasp, and of course DH opened it in like 1 second after I had spent like 5 minutes on it, but once you have done it, its easy!! SO much lighter than our Vista and I can see us using the Snap as our out of the house/travel stroller and just using the Vista when we do walks around our neighborhood.

moll73
05-08-2013, 01:51 PM
I wish the front wheels didn't stick out so much when folded. I'd pop off the rear wheels without hesitation. The front wheels are also easy to remove, but the posts on the front wheels are greased, so I wouldn't want them floating around the trunk of my car all the time. Without the wheels, it folds SO flat.

Yeah, that grease is a pain in the neck!!

Kaylee31
05-08-2013, 03:37 PM

I would love to see pics of them side by side, both open & folded. :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Kissmark
05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
HI Kissmark. That is interesting to hear you find it tippy. We will get our Snap tomorrow and will compare it to the Snap 4 we got. Have to find a way to check the "tippy" factor as well inside the house since that was one of my concerns!

SO far i really like the Snap 4, only question for me really is on the handling vs a 3. Had a hard time with the harness clasp, and of course DH opened it in like 1 second after I had spent like 5 minutes on it, but once you have done it, its easy!! SO much lighter than our Vista and I can see us using the Snap as our out of the house/travel stroller and just using the Vista when we do walks around our neighborhood.

It's only tippy when I lift the back wheels to on over a big bump and all the weight of the stroller is on the front wheel. I think this will be a common proleg for all 3 wheeled strollers. I really just chose the 3 wheel instead of 4 because I wanted to get the lightest stroller without having to get an umbrella, and I wanted a different look than the 4 wheeled vista. Can't wait till hear your thoughts on the 3! I do think I will be using he Vista much less now that we got the Snap. Like you said probably will only use Vista when we go to the park or walks around the neighborhood.

moll73
05-08-2013, 09:42 PM
I would love to see pics of them side by side, both open & folded. :)

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't gotten to take pics of them folded yet, but here's a thread of my pics. of them side by side. Not sure why it didn't occur to me to take pictures of them closed before, guess I was just too excited! :)

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=457768