PDA

View Full Version : Wow I didn't know an engineering degree was needed for Playmobil!

Nooknookmom
05-08-2013, 12:36 AM
Jeepers, DD bought a Playmobil farm that we found on sale (bday cash) and when we got home boy was I surprised, I thought the thing just snapped together!

Little screwdriver-pusher thingy, 10,000 red and yellow plugs to attach walls and posts, a gagillion other parts in obscure bags=ONE STRESSED OUT MOMMY!!!!!

I think DD likes it tho :) We just dipped our toes in the playmobil pond, so if this flies I'll be happy b/c DD loves to build things and pretend play bu doesn't like conventional toys.

Gee I hope this works!

katydid1971
05-08-2013, 11:48 AM
I spent like 4 hours on Christmas night putting together the mansion, I know your pain ;)

Mikey0709
05-08-2013, 11:58 AM
Right there with you. We bought one for Christmas and it didn't get as much love around here as Lego's... and wayyyy too many little specific parts for me!

oneplustwo
05-08-2013, 12:57 PM
Next time just look for a neighborhood boy around 7-9 years old or more, and it's likely he can put it together for you. :) Most of the boys I know who are into Playmobil and/or Legos love to put those things together, and can do it pretty easily. I personally have two 9-yo experts in the family who'd be happy to lend you a hand, but we're on the East Coast. I was thrilled when my twin boys wanted to put all the Playmobil stuff together themselves so I didn't have to.

AJP
05-08-2013, 02:38 PM
We have some sets from Christmas that are still only half put together. :bag I thought they'd be easy enough, but clearly I was wrong!

Corie
05-10-2013, 08:25 PM
Both kids love putting together their Playmobil. Freaks.

pb&j
05-10-2013, 09:03 PM
Yep, we got the police station for DS's bday one year. I spent hours putting it together. He was unimpressed.

ETA: The small sets the kids both love. We have a police car and the RV. Both get tons of use. The police station hardly got any play at all.