PDA

View Full Version : I need gift ideas for DDs 6th birthday....

scrooks
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM
She hasn't asked for anything really specific besides a bead kit with more charms so she can make bracelets. She is somewhat crafty and like animals and the outdoors. She has a bike. She has an American girl doll (she doesn't get a ton of play although I am debating about the horse at target). She wants more magna tiles but I hate getting her a gift of something we already have... Ykwim?

What are your 6 year olds into?????

Oh and fwiw she starts k in the fall. She isn't in k yet.

jam224
05-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Would she like these Pop-Arty beads? http://www.target.com/p/b-pop-arty-funky-pop-beads/-/A-12026422

oneplustwo
05-10-2013, 03:55 AM
You've just described my DD when she was that age. There are a bunch of neat craft/activity books by Klutz that girls often start really getting into at this age ~ there's one for friendship bracelets and one for pipecleaners to make "twisted critters" out of http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Critters-Pipe-Cleaner-Klutz/dp/0545346231/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1368171932&sr=8-20&keywords=klutz+books .

Would she like a subscription to National Wildlife Federation's Ranger Rick magazine? It's for ages 7 and up; there's a junior version of the magazine for kids up to 7 as well that used to be called Your Big Backyard but is now Ranger Rick Jr.

I'm sure I can think of other ideas, just not when I'm up in the middle of the night with insomnia. :tongue5:

Twoboos
05-10-2013, 07:54 AM
If she's crafty/creative would she like to design her own piece of clothing?

http://www.fashionplaytes.com/design-studio?rgpop=1

We did this with DD1 when she was 7, I think. DD2 has the shirt now and she loves wearing it! :)

jam224
05-10-2013, 08:48 AM
Oooh, I thought of another idea: what about a subscription to Kiwi Crate (http://www.kiwicrate.com/)? You can get 25% off with code TAKE25.

georgiegirl
05-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Does she have a razor scooter? I got my DD one for her 6th birthday.

Nooknookmom
05-16-2013, 01:46 AM
DD just turned 6 (is in kindy) and since scooters are all the rage here she needed a new one. Hers was 3 years old and the wheels were getting gritty. So we got her the razor "cruiser" model. It's cool! Wooden deck like a skateboard and large wheels. I hope it lasts longer.

http://m.sportchalet.com/#!/product/detail/300195_13014420

Toys r us had em online for $64 I think.

Dd also isn't "into" tons of toys and colors ALOT & does crafts. She is really into her babies - I couldn't find a new doll in time but I go her some preemie clothes for the two she has and a promise for a new one when it turns up.

She also got two small playmobil sets..a new tennis racket (she wanted one bc she is using her 17 yo sisters OLD one)...& a new scooter helmet.

My parents bought her a few Hanna skorts and a tee + some $. MIL sent her $$.

She went and bought a playmobil farm with her cash (kohls had a nice sale which is where I got the other two!). We've new with playmobil so I don't know if it will get use or not. Oh and she bough herself some clothes at old navy!! All on clearance-that's my girl ;)

That's all I could think of...my dd is crafty...loves to play outside and digs her baby dolls mostly. Games r good too but I couldn't decide!!

Slip n slides are a good option if she likes water play!

citymama
05-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Sounds a lot like my DD1. In addition to bead-making kits, she also loves her flower press kit and potholder making kit. I second the idea of a Razor scooter or even a bike. Our crafty kids need to get out and about more! I love getting AG accessories for DD1 and she loves it too, but they are so pricey that I look for knock-offs at Kohls or eBay.

Since it's spring, you could do a flower press kit and something outdoorsy - a small planter box, seeds and cute gardening gloves/accessories if she doesn't have one, or binocs and a nature journal plus book of local birds or wildlife tracks. DD1 has the second set of items and LOVES them. We do a fair bit of hiking and she always packs her bird book and book of wildlife tracks!

lalasmama
05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
I'd go for a few craft sets... My daughter started loving melty beads (perler beads) at that age. We also did a huge batch of craft things--like $40 at the craft store, and a plastic drawer tower to organize it all. She's 9 now, and is still using the stuff we bought back then.

We also gave her a "grown up" doll--my mom and I collected dolls (like high end baby doll kinds that were around $200 each), so she received one of those from my mom's collection.

scrooks
05-16-2013, 01:24 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions! Her scooter is a toddler version so an upgrade would be good! I think maybe a craft kit and a puzzle and we will be all set!

wendibird22
05-16-2013, 02:39 PM
My crafty soon to be 6yo loves perle beads and we've gone through a least a jumbo bucket of them. She's also intrigued with sewing and she was given a craft kit with two felt projects that you sew into preexisting holes with a plastic, dull needle. It also has fun stuff to glue on them too so it's a great mixed media kind of project.