PDA

View Full Version : 4 Wheel BJCM in May

PZMommy
05-08-2013, 11:26 PM
The Baby Guy just announced on his FB page that Baby Jooger will be releasing a 4 wheel version of the City Mini in May. It is $259. BJ is also making an adapter for the Uppababy Mesa carseat.

moll73
05-08-2013, 11:53 PM
The Baby Guy just announced on his FB page that Baby Jooger will be releasing a 4 wheel version of the City Mini in May. It is $259. BJ is also making an adapter for the Uppababy Mesa carseat.

Really?? Wow, that's big news! Guessing that was released at the ABC Spring show? Wonder how much it will weigh? Seems like it would have to weight more than the current one with the addition of the 4th wheel...And May, as in this May??

Kaylee31
05-09-2013, 03:32 AM
Really?? Wow, that's big news! Guessing that was released at the ABC Spring show? Wonder how much it will weigh? Seems like it would have to weight more than the current one with the addition of the 4th wheel...And May, as in this May??

Maybe BJ is finally wising up and not announcing new strollers until they are actually in production and ready to be released, after making people wait FOREVER for the Versa. ;) I'm curious as to what the weight is also, but the Snap 4 still seems like a better choice. I just can't deal with the Mini baskets, it drives me nuts after getting used to strollers with great basket access.

legaleagle
05-09-2013, 10:49 AM
The BJCM4 has been out in Europe for several years. I guess 4 wheels are definitely trendy, between this, snap4 and bob motion. I'm assuming the b agile 4 will be showing up this fall.

scrooks
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Can I ask a question... Why is 4 wheels better?

legaleagle
05-09-2013, 10:53 AM
http://www.bestbuggy.co.uk/category/single/baby-jogger-city-mini-single-4-wheel/

legaleagle
05-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Can I ask a question... Why is 4 wheels better?

More stability is the main one. Sometimes if there's both a 3 and 4 wheeled version the 4 wheel will be slightly shorter too.

PZMommy
05-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Baby Jogger has this stroller on their website now. It will be in black and in stone. It also has the specs. It weighs 19.9 pounds.

I'd consider this as a lightweight stroller, but I would prefer a different color. With my luck, I'd get one and a few months later they would have better colors out. lol I guess I could always get a seat liner to brighten it up a bit.

moll73
05-10-2013, 12:29 AM
Baby Jogger has this stroller on their website now. It will be in black and in stone. It also has the specs. It weighs 19.9 pounds.

I'd consider this as a lightweight stroller, but I would prefer a different color. With my luck, I'd get one and a few months later they would have better colors out. lol I guess I could always get a seat liner to brighten it up a bit.

That stinks it's not available in any fun colors! I think 19.9lbs. seems pretty heavy for a lightweight stroller. I didn't see a weight listed on their website for the CM, but Google says 16.8, and for some reason that 1.8lbs. makes if feel quite a bit heavier than the Snap 4, so almost 3lbs. more is sure to make a difference as well. I'm a huge BJ fan, but I still choose the Snap for my lightweight stroller for the weight and the colored hood/bootie. Probably b/c If I was just starting out, I'd get a hot pink stroller and the color accessories that Valco offers, let's me at least have a little taste of that! Thanks for being first on the scoop and keep us posted if you get one!