PDA

View Full Version : Question about AF after having a baby

ehlana06
05-10-2013, 08:12 PM
DS3 is 9 weeks old and exclusively breastfed. About 2 weeks ago I had a very light period, so light in fact that I didn't have to wear anything. Today I noticed that I have begun lightly bleeding again. Is this normal? I haven't had this happen with either of my other 2 children. I would call my OB, but as this is the weekend I will have to wait until Monday. Any input would be appreciated.

lalasmama
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Are you on any birth control? How often are you nursing? Any suppliment use? (I know you said exclusively breastfeeding, but still checking, because that means different things to different people.)

Any chance at all that it could have been implantation bleeding?

Some irregular bleeding is normal for several periods when they start back post-partum.

ehlana06
05-10-2013, 08:47 PM
I am not on any birth control and have been sexually active but we have been careful to use a condom. I nurse on demand but usually it's about every 2-3 hours. DS3 does have a paci though. He isn't supplimented at all. Hopefully it's just an irregular AF but I keep having horrors about using a defective condom.

KLD313
05-10-2013, 10:44 PM
That happened to me, too. My midwife said it was normal.

ehlana06
05-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Thats a relief. Although it would be a blessing, I don't think I am ready for another pregnancy. lol

legaleagle
05-11-2013, 08:22 AM
I've had very light bleeding pp a couple weeks after the majority of loch is was over. Definitely wasn't AF in any case, that showed up a 6 months every time.