PDA

View Full Version : Where do you sell your strollers?

mell4556
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
I've never sold anything online before so I was curious if you suggest selling a stroller through Craigslist or eBay?

crl
05-11-2013, 01:07 AM
I basically refuse to ship--too much hassle. And I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, home of Craigslist. So I have sold all my strollers on CL and bought a couple that way too.

Catherine

PZMommy
05-11-2013, 01:10 AM
I sell on Craigslist, and have bought one that way too.

Mommy_Mea
05-11-2013, 06:57 AM
Sold my Vista on craigslist, easy peasy! You can consign, but you won't get nearly as much.

mell4556
05-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Ok I'm going to list my GT. I've only used it 3 times. It's brand spanking new. I also had BJ send me the new swivel front wheel. The original kept locking on its own. What should I list it for? I have the green trimmed one?

crl
05-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Pricing varies by area. See what comparable listings you can find on your CL and try to gauge what things are actually selling for. You have to figure enough below the price of new to make it worth forgoing the warranty and fun and conveninece of brand new. Leave a little room to negotiate and be prepared to turn down low ball offers.

Catherine

mell4556
05-11-2013, 09:42 AM
If I have all my receipts can I give those to the purchaser so that they have the warranty? I've already registered the stroller though.

crl
05-11-2013, 09:54 AM
If I have all my receipts can I give those to the purchaser so that they have the warranty? I've already registered the stroller though.

I am not aware of any stroller company that allows the warranty to transfer, but you could check the particular company's policy.

Catherine

mell4556
05-11-2013, 11:39 AM
Ok just posted my first ever Craigslist add :) if I can get $250 for it I would be very happy. If selling strollers on Craigslist turns out to be easy maybe my hubby will let me try a few out :)

bigpassport
05-11-2013, 12:30 PM
I've bought and sold strollers on Craigslist. In fact, I bought a Bob Revolution 3 years ago on CL for $250 and just sold it yesterday for $250:) If you have any bad vibe about the buyer, meet them at a public location rather than your home.

mell4556
05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
That's what I was worried about. Meeting people at my home just sounds scary to me. I bright my husband with me when I bought my Bee. I most likely will just meet the buyer somewhere with the hubby.

kaharris83
05-11-2013, 12:49 PM
I sold my brand new GT for $285 on my local CL in DC. We had used it a few times but after I got my Versa it wasn't getting used so I sold it.

georgiegirl
05-11-2013, 12:50 PM
When I sell on Craigslist, I generally meet in the Target parking lot.

mell4556
05-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Great idea on the Target parking lot! I have one right down the street from me. I want to sell my GT so I can get either the Versa or Vista. We are bringing little man to Buy Buy Baby to see which one he looks best in :) Then Ill hold on to my Bee until he's a little older. He's only 3 months here.

kaharris83
05-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I usually have people meet me at my house but only when DH is home. It is much more convienient when someone flakes out to be at home and not sitting with my 2 kiddos. I sell a lot on CL and have never had a problem.

mell4556
05-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I have the Craigslist ad up. Taking pictures of the GT made me want to keep it but I know that would fly with the hubby lol! He's actually been pretty good at listening to all my indecisive stroller talk. He even went to buy buy baby with me to check them out :) I'm so impatient I want to sell the GT now lol!

Zukini
05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Yup, definitely meet at a public location. Especially for an item as portable as a stroller. I think some people case others' homes and families during transactions like that. Not worth the risk IMO.

PZMommy
05-13-2013, 10:26 PM
I live in a townhouse, so I always meet out in front of the complex. The buyer has no idea which one I live in. Otherwise I'd meet at a Starbucks or a Target.

twowhat?
05-13-2013, 10:40 PM
I always meet people at home...I can't deal with the inconvenience otherwise. But I implement a pretty strict filtering system to weed out the flakes.

I don't respond to any emails that don't sound legit. Of the emails that sounds legit, I respond but only give my phone number and say to call or email if still interested (some people prefer to converse over email at this point). I give the main intersection near our house so people can figure out driving time.

If they are still truly interested and we have set up a time to meet either by email or phone, I always end with "please call when you're on your way and I'll give you the exact address". I never give out my exact address until they call saying they're heading over. I've weeded out a few flakes this way, and I have never had a truly interested buyer complain about me doing it this way. The honest, interested folks understand.

I just sold a BJCED and it was so funny...listed it, and got an email back from someone...turns out I know this person!!! LOL!!! So, I ended up selling to that person for $50 less than I listed it for so she got it for a steal, but I didn't mind since I knew who she was and I got it sold in a single day:)

♥ms.pacman♥
05-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Craigslist. i sold my bjcmd and graco snap n go that way. did have to deal with emails/lowballers, but eventually i sold it. with my bjcmd, i met the person on my lunch break across the street from my office...so i didn't have to worry about no-shows really.

I just sold a BJCED and it was so funny...listed it, and got an email back from someone...turns out I know this person!!! LOL!!!

LOL, this happened to me too!! but not with a stroller. I was selling my Arm's Reach Cosleeper last year. I got an inquiry from someone whose name sounded familiar. Turns out it was a girl I had met at an LLL meeting, who was also in my mom's group! Small world.

mell4556
05-13-2013, 11:17 PM
I mentioned to the woman I'm buying the Versa from that I was selling my GT. She wants to upgrade her City Mini to the GT so basically doing a swap now :) I'm meeting at her house and bringing my mom along. Should I suggest meeting somewhere else?

PZMommy
05-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I mentioned to the woman I'm buying the Versa from that I was selling my GT. She wants to upgrade her City Mini to the GT so basically doing a swap now :) I'm meeting at her house and bringing my mom along. Should I suggest meeting somewhere else?

I think you will be fine. I've only bought one thing (my vista), from CL, and I went to their house. My DH came with me, and I didn't go inside. I just stayed on the porch.

KLD313
05-14-2013, 12:16 AM

I bought my MB Duo from a woman off CL. I went to her house with my newborn and two year old, it was fine. Her kids were there, we actually hung out amd talked for awhile. I wouldn't worry.

3sweetgirls
05-14-2013, 12:42 AM
I try craigslist first because it's much easier. eBay is my last resort but for me its a guaranteed sell which is pretty awesome. I mean hotw many other products can you enjoy and then turn around and sell that have good resale value. :-)