PDA

View Full Version : Tummy troubles signal return of AF?

ExcitedMamma
05-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Ok embarrassing question but for the last couple of weeks I've had tummy troubles. Like gas pain and more bowel movements which I usually have around that time of the month. DD is 8 mos and I still haven't had the return of AF. I'm BF and she's slowly starting solids with BLW. Her night sleep is erratic, she can go days in a row sleeping from about 7 to 6 without waking and then go back to waking up at 1 and coming back to nursing to sleep in bed. I have been wondering if my body was gearing up to resume AF but stopping when she stops sleeping longer? Could that be causing my problems?

With DS even though he was also EBF my period returned quickly so I don't really remember how I felt when it came back.

swissair81
05-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I'm on baby number 5. AF has come back at a different time with all of my previous 4 babies. My baby is (I think) a little older than yours and I am still not sure when to expect it. This baby doesn't sleep through the night at all, so I might have time. I hope so.

lizzywednesday
05-12-2013, 09:21 PM
No idea what it could mean - my AF came back at the same time I came down with a nasty stomach virus (vomit-kind, not BM-kind) so I am not the best person to ask.

It wouldn't hurt to buy a box of whatever "feminine product" you use when it's normally that time of the month, just in case.

Liziz
05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I had similar feelings for several months before AF came back for me. I'd have a time where I felt very much like I did just before I'd get a period -- but didn't actually get it for several more months. DD was 14 months at the time, I'd BF'ed full-time until 12 months (but she slept through the night from about 8 months), then did another month of just before bed nursing only. Given that I felt that way for several months, I don't know if it was related or not -- but I haven't felt that way since it came back last month (I can tell my body is still adjusting, but feels different). So I don't know if that's actually helpful or not, but just sharing what I experienced!