PDA

View Full Version : Gate checking stroller

Ms B
05-12-2013, 04:16 PM
We are flying Southwest to LA and plan to gate check the BJCM.

Does anyone know if they bring you the stroller after landing on the jetway? Or do we have to schlep everything (Biscuit, carseat, diaper bag, one carry on,with laptop in it) to baggage claim and wait for it there?

Thirty plus pounds of Biscuit is a whole lot of toddler to get through LAX . . .

Philly Mom
05-12-2013, 04:17 PM
They bring it to you. They are easy.

PZMommy
05-12-2013, 04:40 PM
It will be waiting at the gate for you. It sometimes takes a few minutes for them to get it off, so I wouldn't rush to get off the plane. Take your time, and by the time you get off, the stroller should be waiting for you.

wellyes
05-12-2013, 06:29 PM
It will be waiting at the gate for you. It sometimes takes a few minutes for them to get it off, so I wouldn't rush to get off the plane. Take your time, and by the time you get off, the stroller should be waiting for you.
:yeahthat:

kaharris83
05-12-2013, 07:28 PM
They usually bring it to you on the jet bridge. However a few times my strollers have ended up at baggage claim. I put them in bags(Bugaboo Transport bag and G-Series Uppa bag) and the gate agents told me the baggage guys aren't used to seeing strollers in bags and don't always realize they are strollers so they end up at baggage claim. So you may end up getting your stroller at baggage claim if you bag it in a bag that isn't obviously a stroller bag. It has only happened a few times and we've travelled quite a bit with the strollers.

Hemlock
05-12-2013, 08:04 PM
I have gate checked my Snap four times and have always received it on the jet bridge. I did not have it bagged.

Ms B
05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Thanks, this all eases my mind a little. I am planning to get one of the J.L. Childress bags and was planning to use painter's tape to label the exterior "Stoller - Gate check", so hopefully they will know what they have.

kaharris83
05-12-2013, 10:08 PM
If it's one of those red gate check bags you will be fine I'm sure. They probably see those often enough to know what they are. Have a great trip!!