PDA

View Full Version : What to do with frozen cubed stew meat?

KLD313
05-12-2013, 09:53 PM
I was making a lot of stews over the winter and then got sick of them and I have about 3lbs of meat left.

I don't think it still be good by next fall/winter and I don't want stew now. Is there anything else I can do with it that isn't really wintery?

Nechums
05-12-2013, 09:58 PM
Marinate them and make grilled kebabs?

athompson
05-12-2013, 10:14 PM
I know you said you don't want stew again, but the vegetables are so beautiful right now! Tiny red potatoes, bright orange carrots, sweet vidalia onions:-) I made this earlier in the week with frozen cubed meat and my kids devoured it.
2 1b. beef chuck, cubed (started mine from frozen)
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 cups hot water
1 1/2 tsp. better than bouillon
half garlic clove, minced
1 bay leaf
4 sliced carrots
2 chopped onions
4 ribs sliced celery
3 cups tiny red potatoes
cook on high 4-6 hrs. and stir in 1/4-1/2 cup flour mixed with a little water.

BunnyBee
05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Throw it in the crockpot with enchilada sauce or a Mexican seasoning blend plus a tablespoon or two of vinegar. Shred and serve as burrito filling or tacos. Wet cooking turns out similar to a chili Colorado, dry to barbacoa. Not authentic by any means, but tasty. :)

KLD313
05-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Thanks! I did think about doing something Mexican with the meat. Maybe I'll try that with some. I should have made the stew tonight, it cold here again.

lovin2shop
05-14-2013, 01:21 PM
We cook stew meat in the crockpot with water covering it. Once it is mostly cooked, drain and shred. Add BBQ sauce til moist, and put on burger rolls topped with shredded cheese. It's one of my DH's favorite, and is quick and easy.