PDA

View Full Version : Favorite overnight diapers for heavy wetter?

citymama
05-13-2013, 04:06 AM
DD2 is a night time peeing machine! It could be all that milk she drinks before bedtime, but seriously, we need something more than daytime diapers at night. She either leaks through her 7th Gen. size 5 diapers some time in the middle of the night, or we have to change her twice before she actually falls asleep, and even then, there's a good chance she'll wake up wet. She is PTed during the day, so I only need dipes for bed time. She is 29 lbs, newly turned 3.

Should I size up to a larger size regular diaper (sz 6) or get overnights? We've never used overnights before with either kid (older DD was not a heavy night time wetter). Has anyone tried, and liked 7th gen overnights? Or is there another brand you recommend? DD2 is easily prone to diaper rashes, so I'm inclined to stick to what we know works, but I'm open to suggestions for other dipes that will keep her dry through the night. Thanks!

truly scrumptious
05-13-2013, 08:01 AM
We love the Huggies overnights. Used them with both DC.

We used Earth's best dipes during the day, but honestly at night an overnight was worth is just so every one could sleep. The more absorbent overnights also keep them drier at night which in theory should help with rash, right?

No experience with 7th Gen night dipes but their day dipes didn't work for us - they would leak all over the place.

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2013, 09:54 AM
We just moved up a size for overnight leaks. We used pampers brand, and I feel like someone mentioned before that they used "natural" diapers during the day and regular ones at night for better absorbency.

lizzywednesday
05-13-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd do overnights.

We just ran out of our last pack of overnight Pull-Ups and I'm not happy about it - DD insists on sleeping in my bed, and the daytime Pull-Ups leak. (DD is also PT-ed for daytime.)

SnuggleBuggles
05-13-2013, 12:29 PM
We always put a cloth diaper cover over the disposable. Worked well and small price since I just really needed 2 covers.

citymama
05-13-2013, 12:46 PM
We love the Huggies overnights. Used them with both DC.

We used Earth's best dipes during the day, but honestly at night an overnight was worth is just so every one could sleep. The more absorbent overnights also keep them drier at night which in theory should help with rash, right?

No experience with 7th Gen night dipes but their day dipes didn't work for us - they would leak all over the place.

So Huggies overnights probably better than 7th gen? Get size 5 or 6 for 29 lb kid?

We always put a cloth diaper cover over the disposable. Worked well and small price since I just really needed 2 covers.

Here's a dumb question from a mom who has never CDed - can you tell me what to get? Name, size, link? I would get it in a heartbeat, but I literally don't know where to start. Would thick cloth training pants over diapers work as well?

Thanks y'all!

SnuggleBuggles
05-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Something like these:
http://www.amazon.com/Bummis-Super-Brite-Diaper-Pounds/dp/B0015DSK6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368465186&sr=8-2&keywords=bummis
http://www.amazon.com/Thirsties-Wrap-Snap-Blackbird-Size/dp/B003GSLCOG/ref=pd_cp_ba_2
http://www.amazon.com/Prorap-Classic-Diaper-Covers-White/dp/B0026JQJLM/ref=sr_1_6?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1368465279&sr=1-6&keywords=prowrap+diaper+cover

YouAreTheFocus
05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
So Huggies overnights probably better than 7th gen? Get size 5 or 6 for 29 lb kid?

Thanks y'all!

We also liked the Huggies. I could be wrong, but I don't think we ever used bigger than a 4, for a similarly aged/sized boy.

However, when he was going through his heaviest wetting period, we added these "booster pads." Maybe you could just add these to the dipes you already have/use?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4417048

ETA: I wanted to add that in addition to the extra absorbancy, these also prevent leaks by "filling out" the diaper. We always had trouble with leg openings, they were just too big for his legs and he would leak out of that area. The booster really helped stop that.

AnnieW625
05-13-2013, 01:40 PM
We used Huggies Overnites until around size 4 with both girls and then switched to Costco diapers which hold a lot of pee, but we have also used cloth for night time and I like that option (we have cloth diapered DD2 on nights and weekends, and just did nights for DD1, but have almost always used disposables for daycare). We used a mix of Bum Genius size 3.0 and 4.0 diapers with a Flip or Imagine Dreams prefold insert, and Fuzzi Bunz pockets with two of the FB inserts or 1 insert and a prefold insert. By the time DD1 was 4 though she was in pull ups at night once she was potty trained (she didn't night train until she was 5/1/2, but was day trained by 3). We will most likely do the same for DD2 once she is trained though. I am ready to be done with cloth diapers as is she though as she always asks for disposable diapers. DH thinks it is funny.

So in short if you just want to do disposables I highly rec. the Costco diapers. For a 29lb. thin toddler the size 5 Seventh Gen. should be okay, but honestly at that size I have gotten a better fit (esp. since they have redesigned the Seventh Gen. diapers since I first used them in 2007-2009) from Costco diapers, or Huggies Supreme (now Little Movers) for babies once they are about 29-30lbs.

eta: the Seventh Gen. overnights must be new. Maybe those are the old pre 2008 or 2009 diapers reincarnated....hmmm...(those were the best diapers even though they were bulky. I was soo mad when they changed them and made them flatter, and started charging more for less diapers (that was when we finally tried Costco diapers with DD1!)).

BabyBearsMom
05-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Huggies overnights work great for us.

BabbyO
05-13-2013, 01:45 PM
We've had good luck with Huggies Overnites for both our boys. Right now Peanut is in the same size (4) day and night time diaper. But with Stachio we almost always had to size up. So if he were in a 4 daytime...we'd get 5 overnites. (Ironically I bought 5's last week out of habit - from Stachio, then realized I needed 4's!). I fully expect as Peanut gets bigger we'll have to size up on the overnight. That is usually my clue that we're going to have to size up on regular diapers soon, too!

theriviera
05-13-2013, 11:27 PM
We used huggies overnights for DD1. DD2 is not PT'ed but she is a super heavy wetter and we use the Pampers Extra Protection (overnights). They work will for her.