PDA

View Full Version : Tripp Trapp vs Keekaroo

mell4556
05-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Any thoughts between these two? My little guy is going on 4 months but I like to plan ahead :) We currently have a Fisher Price Space Saver we were given off our registry in the box still. Will I need to start him off in a seat that reclines or can I start him off in one of these two seats? Is one better than the other? I like the look of the keekaroo but Tripp Trapps are easier to find on Craigslist. Thanks!

AnnieW625
05-13-2013, 02:06 PM
I have a Tripp Trapp and I really like it for the post messy food stage. I had bought it for DD1 when she was 2/1/2 and I tried it with DD1 at 12 months old but it was too messy. Back in 2008 before I found the TT for $150 (got it from gap.com when they sold baby items and combined coupons) I had looked at the Keekaroo in a baby store and it felt cheap to me, but I know lots of people have them here and like them so maybe it wasn't put together solidly. I do think that the KKR is a good deal and it has a tray, which imho is the only downside of the Tripp Trapp.

AngB
05-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I am really jealous of all you who mention Tripp Trapps on CL. I have NEVER seen one on ours.

I will say I really really like our space saver high chair for babies. DS1 (2), still happily sits in it. But we need it for our 6 month old and so I'm trying to figure out what to do for DS1.

Overstock.com has keekaroo's. I'm hoping a good sale will come up on them, I just want whatever is cheaper, would love to find one used but doesn't seem like that will happen.

pastrygirl
05-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Our Keekaroo has been great. It's been used for almost 5 years and is still very sturdy. Loved the tray and the baby insert!

rin
05-17-2013, 06:27 PM
We love our Keekaroos. We have two; one for DD1 (in use for 2 years now and going strong) and one for DD2 that we got right before Christmas. They have a weight limit of 250 lbs, which is nice, since adult guests always end up sitting in them (I guess they look inviting?).

I'm sure the Tripp Trapps are nice too, although I have no personal experience with them. I guess the 3 real differences between the two are the cost, the appearance (whichever you prefer), and the accessories (Keekaroo comes with a tray, Tripp Trapp doesn't.)

kaharris83
05-17-2013, 06:30 PM
We have a Tripp Trapp. I haven't been overly impressed with it. We got it when DS1 was a little over 1. He picked the Graco Blossom to sit in when given a choice between the two. I put the Blossom away finally and he would sit in the TT from about 16 months until 2. At 2 he just started sitting in a regular chair at the table. We got out TT new and the paint has cracked from the beginning. They sent me a replacement seat and foot plate that I haven't switched out because I keep meaning to list it on CL as I haven't really been that impressed with it.

NCGrandma
05-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Our Keekaroo has been great. It's been used for almost 5 years and is still very sturdy. Loved the tray and the baby insert!

Another vote for the Keekaroo, partly because it looks like 'normal furniture' (guess that depends on the rest of your furniture...). I bought it for DGD2 when she was just barely ready for a highchair and the tray and baby insert were great. She's now old enough to use it without either. DIL got the cushion set which look really comfy although the seat cushion doesn't attach securely to the seat. Definitely still sturdy.

Only 2 drawbacks: the baby insert has strap holes that allow food to fall through onto the seat (easy to remove and clean, but needs to be done regularly!) and I couldn't find a deal on it (everywhere seemed to sell at list price)!

rin
05-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Only 2 drawbacks: the baby insert has strap holes that allow food to fall through onto the seat (easy to remove and clean, but needs to be done regularly!) and I couldn't find a deal on it (everywhere seemed to sell at list price)!

:yeahthat: on the infant insert. We only used it for 3ish months or so, and took it off because it was getting gross. I don't know that I'd bother with it if I were doing it over.

We bought ours when Diapers.com was having a 30% off one item sale right before Christmas. If you're patient, you could probably find something like that again, but we looked for seriously 6 months (since I knew we wanted one) and I really didn't see them go on sale often at all.

daniele_ut
06-04-2013, 05:55 PM
:yeahthat: on the infant insert. We only used it for 3ish months or so, and took it off because it was getting gross. I don't know that I'd bother with it if I were doing it over.

See, I am in the opposite camp. DS is 18 months old and I took the infant insert out a few weeks ago. That lasted about a week. He could twist himself around and knock the toddler cushion off and at one point he even managed to free a leg and stand up! When I take it out again I will add some velcro to the bottom of the toddler cushion and make sure the straps are tighter.

All that said, we really do love our Keekaroo!

mell4556
07-03-2013, 12:06 PM
I finally saw the keekaroo in person yesterday and loved it! That's what we are going with :)