PDA

View Full Version : Did you fave. show(s) from the last TV season survive or get cancelled?

AnnieW625
05-14-2013, 04:16 PM
So far the following shows I have make a point to watch during the season (including last summer's cable seasons) have survived (in no particular order!):
Revenge
Hart of Dixie
Franklin & Bash (TNT)
Castle
Nashville
Bones (this renewal which came months ago really surprised me, I thought this would be the last season, and I am pretty behind, but should get caught up soon)
The Voice
The Glades (A&E--I actually watched the first two seasons on Netflix)
He'll on Wheels (AMC)

Cancelled:
Last Resort
Deception
Southland

Both of the cancelled shows I watched I really liked, but sadly they started off kind of slow, which made them almost impossible to catch up in the ratings. Last Resort had a horrible time slot, 8 pm on Thursdays. As much as Friday at 9 or 10 could be the kiss of death to a show it would have done much better I bet on a Friday night on ABC as a lead in to 20/20. I think Deception would do well on FX or maybe TNT, but I don't know if the producers are trying to shop it out to other networks.

wellyes
05-14-2013, 04:17 PM
I just read that Parenthood was renewed, which is good news.

AnnieW625
05-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I just read that Parenthood was renewed, which is good news.

(in jest)

that is a record....30 seconds, I knew it would be quick because that is about the only show that actually get some talk here in the lounge....but 30 seconds:shake:

I just couldn't get into the show at all :bag (and since he was on Coach in the 90s I will watch anything Craig T. Nelson does including The Family Stone each and everytime it is on on a Sunday afternoon during the holiday season...hell I will watch it now it if was on.)

minnie-zb
05-14-2013, 04:24 PM
I love Elementary and Scandal. Hopefully they will make it through.

ellies mom
05-14-2013, 04:33 PM
I expect that Community will be cancelled. I'm really disappointed but it worked better when it was a "fans' show" rather than trying to appeal to a broader audience.

Other than that, I don't watch that many networks shows and I think those are all safe (Big Bang Theory and Modern Family).

wellyes
05-14-2013, 04:34 PM
I actually don't like Parenthood, just sharing the news because I know it has a lot of fans here.

There isn't a single show from this year that I personally watch.

babystuffbuff
05-14-2013, 04:36 PM
I love Elementary and Scandal. Hopefully they will make it through.

Scandal was renewed last week. I love it, too. :)

kdeunc
05-14-2013, 04:57 PM
I thought I read that Southland was cancelled. All of mine have survived so far, Blue Bloods and Law and Order SVU are my current favorites.

AnnieW625
05-14-2013, 05:02 PM
I thought I read that Southland was cancelled. All of mine have survived so far, Blue Bloods and Law and Order SVU are my current favorites.

You are right. I thought I had read it had been renewed or maybe it was just anticipated then. I did miss most of last season and the few I saw I thought weren't as good as prior seasons.

cntrymoon2
05-14-2013, 05:06 PM
I was watching 1600 Penn, Go On, Guys with Kids, Whitney. All cancelled. 1600 Penn took me a couple episodes to get into, but it had potential. The actor that played Skip was so good- always in character perfectly.

I was also watching The New Normal or The New Girl, haven't looked up whether they survived or not.

AngB
05-14-2013, 05:10 PM
I was watching 1600 Penn, Go On, Guys with Kids, Whitney. All cancelled. 1600 Penn took me a couple episodes to get into, but it had potential. The actor that played Skip was so good- always in character perfectly.

I was also watching The New Normal or The New Girl, haven't looked up whether they survived or not.

I think I saw The New Normal was cancelled.

I love The New Girl, I doubt it was cancelled.

AngB
05-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I think I saw The New Normal was cancelled.

I love The New Girl, I doubt it was cancelled.

The New Girl is coming back. (As is The Mindy Project, we just started watching that this year and have liked it.) The New Normal has been cancelled (I thought it was on Fox and kept missing it.) http://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/05/tv_renewals_shows_cancelled_fall_schedule.html

TwinFoxes
05-14-2013, 05:27 PM
I expect that Community will be cancelled. I'm really disappointed but it worked better when it was a "fans' show" rather than trying to appeal to a broader audience.

Community and Parks and Rec were the only NBC comedies to survive.

I'm bummed about Southland, but agree it was losing some oomph. I'll miss the feel of the show, it really felt like LA, not always in a good way.

I didn't watch Smash this year, but boy did that crash and burn. It got the axe.

I think the only brand new show I liked from the current season is The Mindy Project, which is surprisingly hilarious.

Tenasparkl
05-14-2013, 05:31 PM
I think the only brand new show I liked from the current season is The Mindy Project, which is surprisingly hilarious.

Same here.

YouAreTheFocus
05-14-2013, 05:58 PM
DH told me yesterday that Happy Endings was cancelled. In general I am not a fan of comedies (he is) but we watched this one together, it had its moments.

In other news, I read yesterday that 24 is going to be back next spring for a special 12 episode run. That was a surprise!

indigo99
05-14-2013, 06:17 PM
I love Scandal so that's the only one I was really rooting for since they already axed Last Resort months ago (which I really liked too).

I was watching Touch, and it is cancelled. I'm not too upset or surprised about it though. They had to free up Keifer for 24.

I miss Fringe since it ended.

I really like Gray's Anatomy again lately so I'm glad it's renewed. Revolution and Revenge are two that I watch sometimes so I'm happy they'll be back too.

elektra
05-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Community and Parks and Rec were the only NBC comedies to survive.

I'm bummed about Southland, but agree it was losing some oomph. I'll miss the feel of the show, it really felt like LA, not always in a good way.

I didn't watch Smash this year, but boy did that crash and burn. It got the axe.

I so wanted to love Smash. But I never could. Katharine McPhee is not a good actress- so flat.

lmh2402
05-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Mindy Project is laugh-out-loud for us. agree with "surprisingly hilarious"

georgiegirl
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
I love the Mindy Project. I think it's one of the few intelligent comedies out there. DH loves it too.

anonomom
05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I was sad to see Happy Endings and Go On we're canceled. I liked them both.

MelissaTC
05-14-2013, 10:37 PM
DH and I watched Vegas so we are sad it is canceled.

cntrymoon2
05-15-2013, 01:06 AM
I love the Mindy Project. I think it's one of the few intelligent comedies out there. DH loves it too.

:yeahthat: I totally agree. I think The Mindy Project is hilarious!

Globetrotter
05-15-2013, 02:10 AM
Another Mindy Project fan here! :heartbeat: it
I think that's the only new show we watch.

Neatfreak
05-15-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm sad that The New Normal was canceled! The season finale worked as a season finale, so it's nice to have a bit of closure, but I grew rather fond of the characters!