PDA

View Full Version : Anyone do the Beachbody workouts? Insanity/P90X/Chalean Extreme?

jerseygirl07067
05-14-2013, 10:25 PM
I was just curious. I have a few friends IRL who have done them, I recently started Chalean Extreme. I love lifting weights to boost my metabolism, and I was doing a lot of Cathe Friedrich workouts with great results, but with DH away all week and working, taking care of 3 kids, I have 30-40 minutes max. I got Chalean Extreme because the workouts are 40 mins. So far I like it.

I also did an Insanity workout with some friends and liked it too, so I might do that in the future. It was challenging, and cardio is where I need to push myself more. Chalean comes with 2 days of cardio workouts and 3 days of heavy weight workouts per week, which I liked.

How were your results?

sidmand
05-14-2013, 11:06 PM
I just finished up Insanity and now I'm doing a Les Mills Pump challenge (alternating Les Mills Pump and Insanity with Rocking Body). I just bought Les Mills Combat too but haven't checked it out.

I didn't lose much weight but got stronger, lost inches, clothes fit better, and I really liked Insanity. I just was ready to switch it up a bit. I've heard good things about LMP and I'm looking forward to it!

niccig
05-14-2013, 11:22 PM
I'm starting Chalean extreme after our vacation. I like the idea of 40 mins workouts and I too like mixing weights with cardio. I hope it goes well for you.

hillview
05-15-2013, 07:35 AM
2 friends (in different states) did P90X and got great results.

almostmom
05-15-2013, 10:16 AM
I do P90X and have for a few years now. I don't do it every day, but probably 3-4 times a week. I love it. A few of the workouts I do are an hour, but some are 45 minutes. I also have insanity, which I think is harder! But P90X has great warmups, good strengthening, and I always feel like I got a really good workout afterwards. I like that you don't need a lot of equipment (I don't have a bar, and do push-ups when they do pull-ups). And it's motivating for me!

I'll have to look into the others you mentioned, as I'm ready to change it up a bit, though I still really like about 5 of the P90X videos that I do regularly.