PDA

View Full Version : Britax B-Agile Double, B-Ready, Sit N Stand Double or Joovy Caboose

MC739
05-15-2013, 10:43 AM
I can't decide on a double stroller and it is causing me some stress. We will have a 17 month old and a newborn starting in July. My husband and I currently have the B-Agile and we love it which is why we were looking at the double, but I have heard it does not work with the Chicco Keyfit which is our car seat.

So, if that is the case, then we need to possibly look at some other options. We are pretty open to any suggestions. So far we have looked at the B-Ready, the Sit N Stand and the Joovy Caboose. I want something fairly lightweight and easy to manuever. Your help is super appreciated! :love-retry:

bisous
05-17-2013, 04:01 PM
I'm deciding between some of the same strollers. I know that the Valco SnapDual was also recommended here. It is a very lightweight side by side. And you can purchase a car seat adapter for a Chicco. I have no idea how much it would affect the other rider, though. I'd love to hear some real life experience on that!

I spend some time on the Britax website yesterday trying to determine if the b-agile double would accept other car seats. I saw no evidence that it would--no adapters for sale, etc. and no place for online inquiry--just a phone number.

I'm seriously considering the b-ready. I like the limitless combinations available and think I would like a parent facing stroller. But it seems so big. With my two little kids (DS3 will be 26 mos old and he's a monkey!) I want something EASY to use.

I think I need to find a B&M store and go play with these models!

ebp913
05-17-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm deciding between some of the same strollers. I know that the Valco SnapDual was also recommended here. It is a very lightweight side by side. And you can purchase a car seat adapter for a Chicco. I have no idea how much it would affect the other rider, though. I'd love to hear some real life experience on that!

I spend some time on the Britax website yesterday trying to determine if the b-agile double would accept other car seats. I saw no evidence that it would--no adapters for sale, etc. and no place for online inquiry--just a phone number.

I'm seriously considering the b-ready. I like the limitless combinations available and think I would like a parent facing stroller. But it seems so big. With my two little kids (DS3 will be 26 mos old and he's a monkey!) I want something EASY to use.

I think I need to find a B&M store and go play with these models!

I am pretty sure that B-Agile double doesn't work with a Chicco seat unless they recently added an adapter for it. When I was looking a few months ago, it didn't work with that car seat.

I had a Snap Dual briefly and used the Chicco car seat adapter with it. I had to sell it because my husband said we had too many strollers :cry:
On the Dual, there are places where the bumper bar attaches and that's where the car seat adapter clicks in. The bumper bars are individual for each seat so the car seat adapter doesn't interfere with the other seat at all. I wish I had taken a pic! It's an excellent configuration. Also, with the Chicco, the car seat actually clicks into the adapter. They have a strap included but I didn't think it was necessary since it clicked in. So easy to take the seat in and out! I actually have a Chicco adapter for the Dual that I need to unload if you decide to go that route!

And now I am really really missing my Dual...

AngB
05-20-2013, 03:59 PM
I had an 18 month old and newborn. I would not do the sit and stand. I have the B-Ready and love it, use it daily, often multiple times daily. It is a pain to put in and out, but now that I'm used to it, it's not as bad. I just love having it for the option to let DS sit if he wants. Today we were at the playground and I had it out with DS2 in his car seat on top, and the bottom just full of stuff I didn't want to carry (water, sunscreen, keys, etc.), we ended up talking a walk around a little pond and my friend's 20 month old got tired of walking so it was nice to let him hitch a ride on the bottom, he was perfectly content down there and DS1 is always happy to ride on the bottom too.