PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Caboose

MC739
05-15-2013, 02:45 PM
I am trying to find a double stroller for a 17 month old and a newborn. I have heard good things about the Joovy Caboose but was interested to find out if others felt it was a good purchase or would choose a Sit N Stand instead? Thanks!

azzeps
06-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I would love to know the answer to this as well. I'm looking for a stroller for Grandma for her two grandsons, ages 8 months and 2 years. Wondering if I need a seat for the 2 year old, or if it's enough to have the jump seat/platform thing. Looking for something lightweight and inexpensive too, or maybe even available at a resale shop!

GoBlue
06-07-2013, 03:24 PM
I have a Joovy Caboose Ultralight (purchased with a 20% off coupon at Buy Buy Baby). We LOVE it. Got it when DD2 was born (used the car seat attachment) and DD1 was 28 months. It is okay in that configuration (the car seat impinges on the bigger kid's space) but is FANTASTIC once you don't need the car seat anymore. My older DD calls it her "surfboard" stroller. It is only lacking if you need both kiddos to nap in the stroller, since no one can lie down. For Disney we rent a BJCMD.

jennilynn
06-07-2013, 03:52 PM
We had a Joovy when my boys were littler and loved it. However, it was HEAVY, especially when they were bigger. Definitely get the ultralight. It's worth it.

Mercuria
06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
There are a couple on nbd right now: orange for 126.99 and blueberry for 161.99

legaleagle
06-07-2013, 09:01 PM
OP - is there some reason you're not considering a more traditional double? With kids so close together you'd get tons of use out of it, either side by side or tandem.

ebp913
06-10-2013, 10:08 AM
OP - is there some reason you're not considering a more traditional double? With kids so close together you'd get tons of use out of it, either side by side or tandem.

:yeahthat:

Still-in-Shock
06-10-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm thinking that a 2 yr old may be too young to stand in a Sit n Stand for long periods of time. It depends how you use your stroller, and how well behaved your older, but still very young child is.