PDA

View Full Version : S/O Swim Diapers - Which Disposable

marymoo86
05-15-2013, 03:13 PM
This year I don't have a reusable that will fit DD and for the amount of time will will be fully submerged in water it doesn't seem worth the expense.

Is there a preference between Huggies and Pampers? I have only ever used EB or 7th Gen.

Also - she is about 30lbs or so and wears a size 5 regular diaper. Do you buy the same size in the swimmies?

lizzywednesday
05-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Swim dipes aren't sized the same as regulars, IME.

I buy Huggies because I'm on a Pampers boycott since DD reacted badly to them in the hospital ... and I had an absolutely awful allergic reaction to the baby powder fragrance in a case of BabyDry.

And I've been known to buy 2 packages - the size I think DD is and the next size up - because they are sized by weight, not measurements. And DD's weight has never really matched up with her diaper size.

BabbyO
05-16-2013, 09:23 AM
Well....we've used huggies just because I've never seen pampers swimmers around here. FWIW on more than one occasion last year, DH or the sitters husband put Stachio in a S/P (smallest huggies swimmer dipe) by accident. He never complained. He was 3 yo at the time and around 30-32 lbs.

In general I was using the M/M (medium size) for him at that age/weight - but in a pinch the small was fine.

AnnieW625
05-16-2013, 11:56 AM
I buy whatever I need at the time and what I can find, so either Huggies or Pampers. I bought DD2 mediums this year.