PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday annoyances

lalasmama
05-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Its May 15th, and the child support (foster care) payment from the state still hasn't arrived. I've been told 3 different days that it's been sent out--5/10, 5/14, and 5/15. Someone doesn't know what they are talking about. I haven't worked in 2 months now, and, while SO makes "enough", it's not enough to live off without me working or the child support. Apparently DHS workers don't "need" the $700 in *their* budgets, and don't see why $700 is important to anyone else's budget. Ggggrrr!

My phone keeps dropping calls. It's embarrassing and frustrating, and annoying. I feel like I can't call anyone "important" (ie, our foster caseworker, my employment agency, etc) because I'm going to look seriously unprofessional "hanging up" on them... Verizon said they would provide a signal enhancer if we could prove that we were dropping as many calls as we said. Of course, I haven't had as many calls since they said that.

I need a TB test for the new job... but can't find anywhere to get it done. (What kind of health clinic doesn't do TB tests or thier employees?!?) Even the local health department doesn't do it.

Attempted to call the school to let them know I was taking DD afterschool, so she wouldn't go to the afterschool program. They didn't answer... Twice! I left a message. I'm betting my money I will have to find her in the aftercare program.

My SIL didn't want to celebrate Mother's Day, or her graduation with her bachelor's degree this weekend. So, her DH decided to throw her a surprise grad party at 6pm on a Wednesday night. We have to drive an hour each way. DD's bedtime is 8pm (school night)... So, we're driving an hour there, and will have to drive an hour back home, so we'll get to party for a whole hour. Good thing I love my SIL!

crl
05-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I hope they get that check to you soon!

Catherine

ellies mom
05-15-2013, 07:05 PM
You can try your local free or low-cost clinics. I volunteer at the Free Clinic of Southwest WA and I know we do TB tests because I get asked to read them occasionally. I don't know how that part of the clinic works though. I know it isn't super close, but maybe you could give them call. At the very least they may know of resources closer to you.

Kestrel
05-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Not to sound to "class-ist", but at least in our area, I could only find a TB test at the free clinic in the slum area of Seattle (our closest major city). The workers there told me TB tends to be an issue in the housing projects.

niccig
05-16-2013, 10:55 PM
I need one every year as working with people in clinic at college. Our student health center does them. Maybe check there.

lalasmama
05-17-2013, 12:00 AM
I called the employment agency, let her know my problem, and she laughed. Apparently she forgot to tell me they do them! Coulda saved me a lot of calling around!

ellies mom
05-17-2013, 01:14 AM
I called the employment agency, let her know my problem, and she laughed. Apparently she forgot to tell me they do them! Coulda saved me a lot of calling around!
I'm glad that worked out!!