PDA

View Full Version : Help!! What could this itch be??

momm
05-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Been lying in bed for the past three hours unable to sleep because of awful itching on my arms and legs.
From shoulders till wrists
From hips to ankles
Wearing a tank top so arms are exposed, but legs are fully covered in long pjs

Allergy to something? I dont thnk I ate anything new
Beg bugs? Legs are covered, but still can this be? Everyone else in bed is sleeping fine!!!

Omg anyideas??? Jeez!!! Help!!!

crl
05-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Do you have any rash or hives?

Catherine

momm
05-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Skin does appear red but I wonder if its from the scratching?

cntrymoon2
05-16-2013, 03:25 AM
DH had these exact symptoms recently and was diagnosed with eczema. It was all over his body and the allergist said the itchiness all over was because the allergens had gotten into the blood stream or something to that effect. I remember thinking it must be contact dermatitis because I always thought of eczema as being isolated to a certain area. The itching was so bad he had scratched his legs and arms bloody.
He got steroid shots in the office and she prescribed an oil/lotion. He was better within a couple days.

KLD313
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
I get this when the seasons change, no clue why. Allergy meds help.

Eta: i've been to the dermatologist for it and he we determined nothing topical helps. It's something in the bloodstream.

kep
05-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Def not bedbugs. You would see large bites/welts. I would guess an allergy of some kind. If it gets really bad, maybe try a Benedryl.

mmommy
05-16-2013, 12:46 PM
I've been told this can be just an allergic reaction to something in the air. Since there is nothing to "look at" or really test, the allergists I've visited just recommend standard allergy medications. I've had luck taking Zyrtec.

momm
05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you ladies. No welts for sure. It subsided after like 5 hours. The only marks are my own nail marks from scratching, lol

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!